Sunday, August 3, 2014
Time To Think Christmas!
Yes, we know it's August, but the Roses are thinking about our annual Christmas stories posted all month long in December. And you know what that means--time to vote for your favorite first line! The line our readers choose will be the one we use to start all our stories. So please help us out by leaving a comment with your top pick!
1) She’d rather spend Christmas with the Grinch, Scrooge, and the Abominable Snowman all rolled into one.
2) She could only think of one thing more tempting than a plate of Christmas cookies.
3) The weather outside was frightful, but it beat standing under the mistletoe with him.
4) How could this possibly happen?
5) The box was small and square.
6) She'd never seen a Santa suit used in quite that way.
7) He stared at her tire tracks in the snow.
8) What in the name of Santa was that?
9) How was she to know harboring a reindeer was illegal in the county?
10) What was she supposed to do with a 6-foot elf?
11) The digital clock on the bell tower blinked December 31, but not a soul in town knew her name.
So, there they are eleven, fun opening lines. Which one is your favorite?
Posted by Jannine Gallant at 6:00 AM