Thursday, August 14, 2014

Lost in America: VERMONT

I thought I’d treat readers today to a virtual trip to my favorite state, Vermont. These are all photos I’ve taken myself on my property called “Woodland Lodge.”

And no, I’m not so crazy pompous as to give my property a name. It came with one and it definitely fits.

So put on your hiking boots and grab your favorite walking stick.

Mutant Vermont grasshopper on a day lily

Mountain view out great room window - summer

Driveway view - summer

Great room view - early fall

Great room view - winter

Mountain MAN view - winter (Gosh, I love a Carhartt jacket on a man!)

Great room view at dawn - winter

The Lodge - totally reconstructed by The Husband and his lovely assistant

Great room view - winter

My favorite indoor writing spot

My favorite mode of transportation in VT

First moose sighting... until the dog barked

Great room view at dawn - summer

Log cabin that we have no idea what to do with
The woods - winter

My dad, me, and my mom having some silly autumn shadow fun

Hope you enjoyed this peek into my favorite state! If you've never been, I highly recommend. And be sure to grab some pure Vermont maple syrup while you're there.

For more adventures in Vermont, try my book Firefly Mountain or my series, The Maple Leaf Series.

Toodles,
Chris

9 comments:

Jannine Gallant said...

So beautiful. I don't know how you can stand to leave. I spent a couple of fall seasons in Stowe and a summer on a private island in Lake Champlain called Stave Island. Really amazing part of the country. Gorgeous pictures, Chris. Where in Vermont are you?

Christine DePetrillo said...

One day, Jannine, one day soon, I won't leave...

Margo Hoornstra said...

What scenery. Took my breath away. And I thought we had some beautiful country in Michigan. Well, we do but... I think it's the country setting. I was born in the big, bad city of Detroit. We live in the country now and I'd never go back.

Liz Flaherty said...

I love Vermont, too. I think it should have the official monicker of "National Postcard." Your pictures are great. Are you in the NE Kingdom?

Christine DePetrillo said...

I saw some refer to VT as "Lovermont" and that's stuck with me. Yes, Liz, NE Kingdom. And I agree, Margo--once you go country, you don't want to go city anymore. Although... I never liked the city to begin with.

Diane Burton said...

Lovely views. Thanks for sharing, Chris.

Alicia Dean said...

Ahhh...gorgeous! I'm so jealous. I've never been to Vermont, but I've been fascinated with it for years. It might have had something to do with Newhart. :) Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics!

Alison Henderson said...

Great views, Chris. They remind me of mine. Your mountains are just a little farther in the distance.

Leah St. James said...

Uh....you had me until the snow shots, Christine. :-) Otherwise, truly lovely! Thanks for sharing.