Thursday, November 1, 2018

A Day to Celebrate Those Who Have Passed by Rolynn Anderson

Today I experience The Day of the Dead in San Miquel de Allende, Mexico.  The event is meant to celebrate the memories of the dead, not scare folks, but I have to admit the town is full of skeletons…and that gives anyone pause. Or the shivers.

My brother joins us November 1, and the two of us will have our faces painted, made easy with a couple margaritas.  We’ll march in a parade to the central jardin (garden) by San Miquel Archangel Paroquia, a beautiful church built in the late 1800’s.  After the parade, we (including my husband) sit down to a four-course dinner, three glasses of wine, each, included. Oh boy! Speaking about dead people...and dinner doesn't start until 9:00 p.m.  



I’m decorating my hat and sorting through my meager wardrobe for an event I hadn’t planned on.  I can’t wait!

Like the Mexicans, we Americans have special events to honor those we have lost by celebrating their lives.  These are good memories, worth savoring.

You may know by now I’ve launched FIRE IS NICE as a virgin pre-orderer.  The fun and the marketing moves apace.



In 3 days I have 12 pre-orders.  Who knows how many I’ll get by release day, Dec. 4?  I followed rules/advice.  Report to come.  

Click here to get the bargain dollar off on Fire is Nice before Dec. 4!

Facebook page:
Twitter:
Goodreads:
Amazon

14 comments:

Leah St. James said...

This sounds like so much fun, Rolynn! I have to confess, though, that I would probably be asleep by the middle of your dinner! :-) Enjoy. Best of luck with the launch of "Fire is Nice." I'll look forward to your report!

Margo Hoornstra said...

Yes, definitely do report. Muchos felicidades on the pre-sales. The festival sounds fabulous - once you get used to it that is. Enjoy your dinner and the wine. (Three glasses each, you say?) Fabuloso!!!

Brenda Whiteside said...

What fun. Post pics and report on FB! And keep those pre-orders coming.

Rolynn Anderson said...

Leah, thanks for the good luck all around. Kids get their faces painted frequently these days...never done it...have to try it. And I hope I get my second wind to make it to, say, 11:00! These cobblestone streets are not for the unsure of foot...and we don't have a car. We'll walk slowly!

Rolynn Anderson said...

Margo, I might have to bring a container along for some of the wine. My husband will get his three glasses as well, and he is not a wine drinker. I'm excited to see what's in the four course meal. The Mexicans are inventive with their foods. And OMG the prices. We are spending less than half the cost of meals in the U.S.!

Rolynn Anderson said...

Brenda, I will report. I'm trying to do something every day to push pre-orders. Man, this is work! Pictures coming!

Jannine Gallant said...

Have a terrific time at the festival! I'd probably pass out if I drank 3 glasses of wine. Not something on my bucket list! LOL Looking forward to your report on pre-orders. All my Kensington books are up on pre-order for months in advance, but other than the occasional dip in ranking, I can't track those sales. I'll need to learn what works for my re-entry into indie publishing.

JENNIFER WILCK said...

That sounds like such a fascinating tradition and one I'd love to experience. Enjoy it! Best of luck with your book and your preorders/marketing. I hope you find methods that are successful!

remullins said...

I'm so jelly! Love the face painting. Best of luck on new release!

Rolynn Anderson said...

Jannine, the wine allotment seems overgenerous, I agree. I'll let you know how much I imbibe...I'll be downing lots of water to offset the vino. As for pre-orders...we indies get a report on how many orders come in. I'm at 13 today. I think you'll enjoy the control and the reports you get as an indie...you love the numbers!

Rolynn Anderson said...

Thanks Jennifer. Once in a lifetime...can't pass it up! Reports to come on pre-orders.

Rolynn Anderson said...

R.E. Your would, indeed get a kick out of this event. The parade should be a photographer's dream!

Alison Henderson said...

What an experience! Can't wait to hear how it went afterwards.

Diane Burton said...

The movie Coco is one Toddler Girl's favorites. (BTW, everything is her favorite lately.) She's 3.5, so I wondered if she would find the concept of the dead too scary. Her mom said no. I remember a scene from a James Bond movie that took place during the Day of the Dead celebration. You got another pre-order. I love your books.