Tuesday, November 13, 2018

NaNo once again!

I'm participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) in a very half-assed way. I'm making progress on my book and I probably will finish it this month, but that's not unusual for me --I write every day, come hell or high water, except when emergencies interrupt (like my sister in the hospital for 5 days -- that sidetracked me while I stayed with her).

I like NaNo. It's a chance to put aside distractions and focus on what I want to do and it's "sanctioned". Other folks are doing it, too, so it's not like I'm being selfish by doing what I love to do. Of course, I do that all the time, but for one month I'm simpatico with other writers who are also nose-to-grindstone, writing away. I love hearing stories of progress that others are making and how they manage their writing schedules. We're all so different but we all love what we do -- and that's what is so fun about it.

Here's to all those busy writers out there, glaring at their computer screens, hands poised over the keyboard. May inspiration strike and the words flow!

J L
jayellwilson.com


4 comments:

Leah St. James said...

I'll add my kudos and cheers from the sidelines to all who are participating in NaNo, full- or half-a**ed. :-) It doesn't work for me, and I gave up trying a few years back. Have fun with it, JL!

Jannine Gallant said...

I stick to my usual writing schedule. I probably actually get less done in November because I use this time between seasonal jobs to deep clean the house. My kitchen is unbelievably shiny! To each their own! lol

Margo Hoornstra said...

Best of luck with your version of the NaNo. I’m a nose to the grindstone writer when I get those precious blocks of time. Life does tend to sidetrack us though, doesn’t it? Hope your sister’s better.

Diane Burton said...

Congrats on doing NaNo again, however you do it. LOL I admire everyone who tries it. Best wishes.