Saturday, November 17, 2018

All Good Things...by Betsy Ashton

...come to an end. For me, seeing the great blog, Roses of Prose, come to an end is bitter sweet. I've loved being the non-romance writer, the contrarian who generally writes mystery and suspense, in this group of fantastic women.

We are all roses. We will continue writing. Heck, I may even add a bit of romance to my next book. Your influence leads me in this direction.

What I will miss most is reading the posts by all of these wonderful women writers. We have such different points of view. We write about such diverse topics. We change and challenge each other as a result.

Most of us have blogs and newsletters of our own. I invite all the Roses, as well as our readers, to follow me. You can sign up for my newsletter at http://betsy-ashton.com/. I try not to bore anyone. I try to offer my readers new ways to think about things. I ask questions, seeing input on points in upcoming novels. Please join me.

If you don't want to receive information about me and my books before anyone else, you can still follow my blog. http://betsy-ashton.com/blog/ Either way, let's not lose touch.

With the holidays upon us, and a wonderful series of Christmas stories set for December, please let me wish everyone a warm and happy holiday season, a healthy new year, and a long, creative life for all.

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.

7 comments:

Margo Hoornstra said...

Nice, Betsy, very nice. Right back at you, this is a wonderful place full of pleasantly diverse women. All of whom do need to keep in touch.

remullins said...

Happy trails to you
Until we meet again
Happy trails to you
Keep smilin’ until then
Who cares about the clouds
When we’re together?
Just sing a song
And bring the sunny weather

Happy trails to you
Till we meet again
Some trails are happy ones
Others are blue
It’s the way you ride the trail
That counts
Here’s a happy one for you

May our trails converge again writing Christmas novellas 2019


Rolynn Anderson said...

Thanks for your thoughts, Betsy. So nice to meet you in D.C. back when. My brother, who brought me as his guest that night, has now moved to Louisville, Ky...he'll miss that group meeting once a year. I told him to start a group in Ky.

We have been important to each other in many ways:

JL was my mentor and helped me get published by Wild Rose Press. I met Andi early on at a conference in Las Vegas...instant connection. I drank wine with Jannine in Tahoe...got to meet her daughter, too. I palled around at InD'Tale with Brenda Whiteside and JL. I got knee operation support from Diane.

Our friendships are solid...let's nurture them. The yahoo loop...Roses of Prose or Facebook? One or both?

Jannine Gallant said...

I won't miss the group because we'll still hang out online. We'll continue to support each other. Happy trails back at you, Betsy!

Leah St. James said...

Ditto what Jannine said! I'm looking forward to reading all the holiday stories and keeping in touch online. And now I have that song in my head. :-)

Andrea Downing said...

Yup, song running through my head as well.I'll miss trying to remember coming to the blog to see what's up!!! Maybe I can do better in the future keeping in touch. You've all been a great group to get to know and I've been honored to be part of this.

Diane Burton said...

My eyes are tearing up from Betsy's post and all your comments. I've enjoyed my time here, especially meeting all of you. I knew Margo and Allie before. Margo is my RWA chaptermate and Allie is my editor. How great to get to know the rest of you. Not only have I gained new authors to read, but I've gained friends. I treasure that friendship. I'm happy that we'll continue to share our life and career stories on FB. Can't wait to read all the holiday stories.