Friday, November 23, 2018

Ho-Ho-Ho Merry Christmas! From Us To You by Margo Hoornstra




During the upcoming Christmas Holidays, here at the Roses of Prose, do we have a gift for you. Several of them, in fact. Our way of helping you get into the spirit of the season and celebrate Christmas 2018.

Beginning November 26th and running straight through to December 28th eleven of the diverse authors at The Roses of Prose have written original Christmas short stories. Each story is presented in three one day installments for a total of thirty-three days of reading pleasure. Since The Roses of Prose has always been a blog of many genres within Romance, these stories will follow that tradition. From sweet to sinister and everything in between, with upcoming titles as diverse as Melt My Heart; Christmas at Sinners; A Very Merry Un-Christmas; Undead For The Holiday; What To Do About Joe; and my contribution, A Conflicted Christmas.



So enjoy your Thanksgiving feast, bask in the family time, then haul out the decorations and begin your holiday shopping soon after. When you need a break from the hustle, bustle and, yes, even stress of the upcoming Christmas Season, we’ll be here at The Roses of Prose to help you relax and refresh as we entertain you.

The fact we Roses author and present these stories each year, is one more of the many reasons I so enjoyed my time here at The Roses of Prose, and being part of such a kind and supportive group.

Each and every day we’re here for you, too, so when you’re so inclined over the next month or so to take a time out, grab a second cup of coffee, maybe even a donut or cinnamon roll, sit quietly, put your feet up and enjoy a few moments to relax and read Eleven Christmas Stories From The Roses of Prose all beginning with the same first line.

She peered through the snow-spattered windshield at the neon sign and hoped like hell there was room at the Inn.

Though I and this blog will no longer be here after December, I’ll still be around the virtual world at www.margohoornstra.com


14 comments:

Rolynn Anderson said...

Well said, Margo. These stories are fine gifts for the season. I look forward to them every year! (Plus they made me learn how to write short!)

Leah St. James said...

Same here! I always look forward to reading our Roses each morning, but the holiday stories are always so fun and special. I love the many variations that blossom from that first line. (I also had a crash course in writing short, a skill I'm still working on!)

Brenda Whiteside said...

I'm looking forward to the stories. Wish I'd had time to contribute.

Jannine Gallant said...

The stories put us all in the Christmas mood!

Diane Burton said...

I love the stories, the variations on the same one-sentence beginning. Learning to write short is a challenge for me. But each year I manage to come up with something. Still don't have a title for mine yet.

remullins said...

I'm exhausted but survived the mass quantities of food and family. Hope all did likewise. Thanks for the great post, Margo. I plan to enjoy each installment of Christmas story along with my AM IV of coffee.

Margo Hoornstra said...

See, you learn and you pass it on, Rolynn. Win! Win!

Margo Hoornstra said...

You and me both, Leah. I look forward to my ROP fix every day with my morning coffee. The stories really are a fun time for all of us. Glad you honed your writing short skills too.

Margo Hoornstra said...

When I first became aware of the blog, Brenda, it was when you were writing the collaberative A Holiday to Remember. Which I enjoyed immensely. If you couldn't write with us, you can read with us. That's good too.

Margo Hoornstra said...

Ho-Ho-Ho, Jannine.

Margo Hoornstra said...

Yep. Couldn't agree more, Robin. Looks like was all survived yesterday. Now it's onward, huh?

Margo Hoornstra said...

So true, Diane. Doing these stories helps me remember why I so enjoy writing. We do manage to hit those deadlines don’t we?

Alison Henderson said...

Lovely post, Margo. I paused in the middle of my tree decorating to read it! As usual, I loved writing my story, and I know I'll love reading all the others.

Margo Hoornstra said...

My thoughts exactly, Alison. I love both sides of this Christmas Story month. You paused in the middle of your tree decorating? I’m flattered. ;-)