Friday, November 4, 2016

Another Choice, Please! by Christine DePetrillo

With Election Day so close, I'd like to nominate another candidate for President of the United States... because the ones we have right now... well... yeah...

You see that fictional characters are our only choice, right?


Henry Solomon and Melina Hanover from my book A LESS PERFECT UNION would be far better leaders for our country than our current presidential candidates. They have the right combination of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and... normal, sane, honest human being that America needs.

Desperately.


See, we need leaders who truly believe what Melina Hanover believes. We need someone who is in it for the good of everyone in the country. We need to remember the "united" part in United States of America. We could be accomplishing so much more if we focused on "we-thinking" instead of "me-thinking."

I like to daydream about a future where we have cures for stuff. Where kids can go to school without fear of being bullied or worse out on the playground. Where our environment is saved and everyone is a steward of nature.

Where people live happy, safe lives. Maybe we even bake apple pies for each other.

Anyway, if you're wondering how a president should behave in a time of crisis, pick up A LESS PERFECT UNION and hope that whoever wins the election in a few days can handle the job.

Toodles,
Chris
www.christinedepetrillo.weebly.com
SAFE, Book One, The Shielded Series, available now.
PROTECTED, Book Two, The Shielded Series, coming soon! 




7 comments:

Leah St. James said...

If only it could be, Chris!

Margo Hoornstra said...

It would be wonderful if the more prevalent WE way of thinking was taken over by the ME way of thinking. United we stand... and all that. Thanks for a thoughtful post. I'll have to look into A Less Perfect Union.

Diane Burton said...

I am so sick of the political ads. Tuesday can't come soon enough. Of course, that won't be the end. Congressmen will start campaigning all over again to save their jobs instead of doing what's best for the country. People who care--really care about the country don't run. Who would want to be subjected to such scrutiny?

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

I keep looking at the candidates and thinking if this is the best, the brightest, the most honorable, the most capable America has to offer us, then America's political system is in big trouble...like major. And we could do without the news entertainment stations constant "but what if?"..."well, don't you think?"..."should she/he have reacted this way?" Where DO they find these idiotic talking heads?

Rolynn Anderson said...

I'm proud of Maria Cantwell and Patti Murray, my Washington State Senators. They are hard-working, bright women, not as flashy as, say, Elizabeth Warren, but effective in the Senate. I've examined the work Hillary's done as a Senator and as Secretary of State, and I think she's got credibility, too. Frankly, I can't wait to see a passel of strong women take on running the government!

Brenda Whiteside said...

Yes, Chris, one is crazy and vulgar and the other one is a bit shady and status quo. It's a weird election indeed. If only we could close our eyes, click our heels, and make it different! Your book is timely. Good luck.

Jannine Gallant said...

It's fun creating our own candidates for office. I did that for Wilde Side, but then I chickened out and made him an Independent. With the mudslinging and vituperative rants going on on Facebook, I was kind of afraid to affiliate him with my party of choice. But then I tried to kill him off, so maybe I should have gone with the opposition! Anyway, I bet both of us created far, far better presidential contenders than he who shall not be named... I downloaded A Less Perfect Union quite a while ago. I need to make time to read it!