Monday, April 30, 2012

A Romantic Interlude by Claire Ashgrove

Hi all! Here we are, a few hours away from the turn of a new month. I'm back, touting my hometown today, and jazz music, in honor of the last day of Jazz Appreciation Month.

I was going to talk about how jazz has changed through the years, how it's been modernized, but unfortunately that would turn into a disertation. So we're going to tie this back to romance.

Top Ten Romantic Jazz Songs

(How many of these do you recognize?)

10. Michael Buble -- "You and I"
9. Harry Connick Jr -- "We are in Love" (This man makes me swoon, I swear!)



8. Tony Bennet -- "Blue Velvet"
7. Sarah Vaughan - "Body and Soul"
6. Nora Jones -- "Come Away With Me"
5. Nat King Cole -- "Unforgettable"
4. Billie Holiday -- "Crazy He Calls Me"
3. Frank Sinatra -- "As Time Goes By"



2. Louis Armstrong -- "Dream A Little Dream of Me"

And the number one romantic Jazz Song...



Ella Fitzgerald -- "All the Things You Are"


Memories, ladies... I tell you. Makes my heart flutter at the romaticism of the era, the style, everything about it.

Before I go, I want to share with you my personal favorite, even if it didn't make the list.



Enjoy, and happy Mayday, everyone!

~Claire
http://www.claireashgrove.com/
http://www.toristclaire.com/

1 comment:

Jannine Gallant said...

There are definitely some beautiful old favorites on that list. It makes me want to write a vintage romance just so I can use the music. LOL