It’s no secret that summer is my favorite season. I love the weather, how things are green and growing and beautiful, the freedom, being barefoot in the grass.
Here’s a list of ten things I’ve never done in the summer but would like to – My Summer Bucket List if you will.
1. Ziplining—As kids, we used to get in trouble like every other day for trying to rig up our own zipline in the backyard on the swing set. It’s probably time I tried it out for real… and with a helmet.
2. Farmer’s Market – I’ve been near farmer’s markets, around them, behind them, but never actually at one. I dig growing my own fruits, veggies, and herbs. I can only imagine that I’d like to see and purchase other people’s home-grown wares.
3. Sell Books at a Beach – I just think it would be a ton of fun to offer beach reads at the beach. It makes sense to me.
4. Take Dog to Beach – He’d love it. I can picture him streaking across the sand and galloping into the ocean. Unfortunately I can also picture other beachgoers screaming in fear of The Werewolf. I’ll need a private beach.
5. Cross-Country Road Trip – I know people who have done it. They make it sound like a blast. I just want to pack a single duffel bag, hop into a convertible, crank the tunes, and head west. I don’t even care where I end up.
6. Big Cat Rescue – I’d love, love, LOVE to volunteer at a big cat rescue. I think it would be wild to get up close to those beautiful felines. A wolf sanctuary would also work.
7. Acting – Being an extra in a movie or TV show has always been a dream of mine. I’m actually registered with a local agency that sends out casting calls in the area. They are never in the summer though so I can’t go because I’m at work. A summer filming would be perfect. Hollywood, do you hear me?
8. Kayaking – Yeah, so I can’t swim, but the “idea” of kayaking seems like great fun. I like sunshine. I like water. Paddling looks like super exercise. I just don’t know if I can get over my fear of tipping and having a kayak on top of me.
9. Garden Tour – Visiting local gardens and getting ideas to improve my own would really get the creative landscape juices flowing. Plus, I bet it would smell wonderful.
10. Photography – With the world being so gorgeous during the summer, I’d love to buy a good camera and take a photography class. Playing with angles and other photo lingo I don’t know yet sounds like a good way to spend some time and capture memories.
What’s on your Summer Bucket List?
The Maple Leaf Series, Books 1-4 available now! Book 1 is always FREE in ebook.
Did #4 (dog to beach) this week. She managed to split open the stitches on her paw chasing seagulls. Sigh. My fault, but how was I supposed to keep her leashed when she was so excited to have fun. She'd had the stitches in a week so I think she'll be fine without getting new ones since it was mostly healed. Yes, the werewolf would have a blast!
All these are doable one summer or the other, Christine. Go for it! I still want to visit the Grand Canyon in the end of summer. We tried once, but the whole place was closed to us because of the government shutdown...remember that weird time. Anyway, we HAVE to get back there!
BTW, I now have a convertible and realize that riding in it with the top down at 70+miles an hour for long periods of time, can be rough duty. Use it to meander along Big Sur...now that's definitely on my bucket list!
Poor doggie, Jannine. I hope her paw is doing okay.
Grand Canyon is on my to-do list, Rolynn. I've flown over it, but I'd love to get up close and personal.
I realize convertibles are not all they are cracked up to be... especially with the amount of hair I have. Can we say tangled banshee hair? But... the romantic ideals I have about convertibles still live strong in my mind. LOL.
Rolynn, your convertible comment is too funny. Have never been a convertible kind of lady.
Chris, since I live in AZ, Colorado River a short jaunt away, and not such a long drive to a CA beach, I could probably do all of those any time of year...if I was game, which I am not. Ziplining? Kayaking? Nah! I too have always wanted to act but never tried. And I work the farmers' market all summer long so been there done that. What a great and varied list. I'll go for the beach stuff with you. Sounds wonderful!
With my fear of heights, a zip-line is out for me. Think I'm up for the rest of your list, though, Chris, especially all the things beach related. With my brown thumb, farmer's markets are a real salvation in the summer. Grand Canyon is a must do for me. Next summer, maybe, this one was way, way too busy. Enjoyed your list, may you cross many things off in due time.
Best of luck with your list, Christine. You can't go wrong with any! If you don't get to do #1 this year, you can get in line with me at RT! I'm hoping to cross it off my list then. ;-)
Love you bucket list, Chris. I used a zipling scene in my new book and the MC had a blast. I think my heart would jump right out of my chest.
Post a Comment