In no particular order...
- A reclining couch. I just think better leaning back at a 120-degree angle. I do all my writing on my reclining couch and the words come a lot faster than when at a 90-degree angle. And 180 degrees would just make me sleepy.
- Saturdays. My favorite day of the week. Anything is possible on a Saturday. It’s got its own brand of magic.
- The woods. The happiest of places for me. I love the music nature makes. Trees offer a serenity I can’t find anywhere else.
- The Werewolf. He reminds me to play… and growl at neighbors.
- The Husband. I wouldn’t know how to vinyl side a house if he and I never met. There’s actually many things I wouldn’t know without him.
- Family and friends. It’s always good knowing there are people in my corner, cheering me on or ready to laugh with me.
- My readers. I love those loyal fans who are the first to buy my books and are willing to tell (or in some cases bully) people to read my stories. I write for you, peeps.
- Book Boyfriends. Where else can you collect men and have it be acceptable to society? Only in the pages of those happily-ever-afters. I can’t get enough of them.
- Opportunities. They are all around us if we keep our eyes and hearts open. I’ve been doing that more lately and am amazed at how doors open when you pay attention.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Because I had to have one sweet treat on this list. Peanut butter cups are my go-to candy. Just don’t leave me alone with a bag of them. I don’t really understand the concept of “serving size” when left unattended with these.
What are you thankful for this year?
Love this list and you ended with my favorite sweet (maybe my only one since I'm not a candy lover). Can't pass up a peanut butter cup!
11. Free Shipping! What a boon to the buyer. And Tracking of the Shipping! Now I understand Trump wants to allow drones to drop Shipments in our yards...not for me. A brown truck with a man in shorts...Yay Free Shipping!
I'm with you with #3. Walking in the woods with my dog. I have my best writing ideas out there. Having my girls come home for the holidays...although I am enjoying this empty nest thing. There's certainly less laundry. LOL
#10 is mine, too. Great list, Chris. While I didn't learn how to side a house from Hubs, I've learned how to do a lot of other DIY jobs. Free Shipping is great! Thanks for mentioning that, Rolynn.
#9 is the best (after family & friends & Reese's) Keeping ourselves open and aware for opportunities! When we don't, we stagnate. Learning new things/skills is a must. I'm so grateful for the ability to learn new skills. I grouse about Windows & all their changes, but I can keep up.
Great list, Chris! I love the woods, too, but the beach is my happy place.
I also am thankful for free shipping, family and friends, learning new skills, etc. I would add technology: I'm grateful for the technology that allows me to keep in close touch with my family and loved ones who are far away. (The other stuff, like web-surfing on your phone, is icing.)
Love this list! I'll have to think of one of my own. I hope you shared this with your readers. I'm sure they'd love to see what you're thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment