As I celebrate this day with family and friends, I find I really do have a lot to be thankful for. Such as:
- A strong, healthy, loving and tremendously supportive immediate family. Led by my husband Ron, the list includes my four children and in-law children, as well as four precious grandchildren.
- An equally strong, healthy, loving and supportive extended family. My brother, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law (who read and praise my work!), nieces, nephews and cousins. None better in this world.
- Many friends, both writing related and otherwise. Those I have met face to face, and those I only know through our on-line connections. All are similarly treasured.
- The ability to walk. A few years ago, I 'blew a knee' I couldn't put any weight on for a few weeks. Being pushed in a wheelchair when I wanted to be out and about, was an eye opening experience. I give thanks every day my injury was only temporary.
- The appearance when I need it/them the most of my muse, inspiration, ideas, scenarios. Whatever you call the phenomenon that allows me to transfer the ramblings in my head into cohesive, and hopefully entertaining, words, sentences, chapters and books.
- Popcorn. Be it caramel coated, kettle, cheese or plain. The best snack ever. Especially at the movie theater.
- Living in a country where we are free to do and be what we want, within reason of course, and those who sacrifice to keep us and them free.
- Having signed four, count them 4 contracts for Brothers In Blue books (two written and two yet to be) and released in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Getting appropriate medical tests, one of which detected an early cancer that was quickly taken care of. And having excellent professional care available for whatever the future brings.
- Being part of this wonderful blog known as The Roses of Prose which allows me to share and express myself knowing my colleagues have my back no matter what.
So how about you? I know you've been asked this before, but humor me. What are some of the things you are thankful to have in your life? List as many as you care to, then share them here or not. No pressure. Just enjoy your day.
My days to blog here are the 11th and 23rd. For more about me and the stories I write, please visit my WEBSITE