1. Ice cream – Peanut butter cup ice cream is only good if it causes peanut butter cup-induced brain freeze.
2. Snow – Imagine sledding or skiing in a bikini. It just wouldn’t be right. Cold is part of what makes snow so pristine.
3. Sangria – Fruit meets booze on the rocks. Has to be cold. Must be.
4. Christmas – I went to Disney once at Christmas and it was weird. After thirty-something cold Christmases, a gal can’t just go warm all of a sudden.
5. Watermelon – The juice dribbling down your chin in a cold stream is half the fun of eating watermelon. Room temp melon is just wrong.
6. Air conditioning – Blast it, baby. No such thing as too cold.
7. The Arctic – C’mon. The polar bears need ice and shit. Save the Arctic.
8. Villains’ hearts – I like over-the-top villains who don’t think twice about being cold and nasty.
What would you add to this list?
For some warm-hearted fun in a cold place, try my book Alaska Heart. One sexy Iditarod winner who likes racing in the cold weather, one nature magazine writer interested in writing the cold truth about Denali, and eighteen sled dogs who like to mush on cold snow combine to give you a hot romp, Alaska-style.