Saturday, August 18, 2012

Introducing Brooke and her crazy Grandma June by Jannine Gallant


A Deadly Love released yesterday, and I’m so excited to share my heroine, Brooke Wakefield, and her grandma, June Ransome, with you today. Here’s an interview conducted by Liz Appleby of the Woodvale Chamber of Commerce. Brooke and June will be around all day to answer questions, so we’d love to hear from you!


Liz: (Pushes her glasses up her nose and checks her notes.) Ladies, I’m so glad you can answer a few of my questions today. As you know, the Chamber of Commerce is making a big push to promote tourism here in Woodvale. Tell me all about the new bed and breakfast you’re opening.

June: Oh my goodness, when Brooke told me I needed to do something for income after Eli’s investments failed, I was at my wit’s end. (Reaches over and pats Brooke’s hand.) Lucky for me, my sweet granddaughter came to stay with me and had the perfect answer. You should see all the work she’s done on the house. It’s turning into a regular show place.

Brooke: (Smiles at Liz.) Ransome House has been occupied for over a hundred years by our family, but the house is in great shape. Most of the changes have been cosmetic, painting and decorating, that sort of thing. It’s been a fun sprucing up the place.

June: (Leans forward.) Brooke needed a project to keep her occupied after she and her fiancé ended their engagement. You wouldn’t believe why they—

Brooke: (Lips tighten.) Ms. Appleby doesn’t care about my personal problems, Grandma.

June: Well, it doesn’t matter anymore, not with you and Dillon keeping company. (Big toothy grin.) Dillon lives next door, and he is the most wonderful man. But, I’m sure you know him, Liz. The Tremaynes have lived in Woodvale as long as the Ransomes have.

Brooke: (Sighs.) Grandma, I’m sure Ms. Appleby would rather hear about the bed and breakfast. That’s why she’s here.

June: Of course. We’ll have four guest rooms when we’re finished, and they’re all just as pretty as can be. And Brooke bakes the best breads and pastries. Our guests are going to love them!

Liz: When do you intend to open for business, Mrs. Ransome?

June: We were hoping to open to the public in the spring, but now with this madman running loose, killing women… (Takes a deep breath, her thin chest heaving beneath her hot pink T-shirt.) Maybe we don’t want to open until he’s caught.

Brooke: (Eyes darken with emotion.) We’re all praying it’ll be soon.

Liz: (Takes her glasses off and polishes them.) We certainly are. Serial killers are definitely bad for business. (Stands and winks at Brooke.) For the record, I agree with your grandma. Dillon Tremayne is both kind and gorgeous. If I were twenty years younger, I’d give you a run for your money with that man. Now, about that tour…


Blurb:

In the heart of the redwoods, a madman waits...

Recovering from a broken engagement and determined to start over, Brooke Wakefield flees to her grandmother's home deep in the redwood forest. Discovering her teenage crush lives next door is a less than auspicious beginning. The last thing she needs is another man to break her heart, but every time Dillon glances her way, her heat level soars.

Dillon Tremayne isn't looking for a relationship. With a young son, an eccentric grandfather, and a logging company running him ragged, he can't afford any romantic entanglements. But Brooke's humor and strength are hard to resist.

When a woman from his past is brutally murdered and another disappears, Dillon is heartsick—and terrified the killer will target Brooke next. Can Brooke and Dillon find love in the heart of the forest? Or will a madman's twisted dream destroy their chance at happiness?


Buy links for A Deadly Love are available on my website.

6 comments:

Margo Hoornstra said...

Wow! Looks like you've done it again, Jannine! Great sounding story.

Jannine Gallant said...

Thanks, Margo. This one had some really fun supporting characters to write, June being one of them.

LisaRayns said...

I really like the blurb. I've also read one of the great reviews so far. It sounds wonderful!

Jannine Gallant said...

Thanks Lisa, I was thrilled to get such a terrific review on my release day!

Jana Richards said...

Jannine, you are amazingly prolific! Congratulations on the new release. Loved the blurb.

Jana

Jannine Gallant said...

Thanks, Jana. I'm not sure about the prolific part. Three of my books (written over a long span of time) all came out in a six month period. Now you probably won't hear from me forever!