Sunday, June 24, 2018

#Wedding Anniversay #Vacation by Brenda Whiteside

When you read this, I'll be four days into a two week wedding anniversary celebratory vacation. Forgive me if I don't respond quickly to your comments. We're driving to Minnesota to visit friends we haven't seen in years. We'll be staying in three different homes and seven hotels. I assume we'll have Internet everywhere, but will I have time? My laptop and Android go with me, of course, and as a writer, I'm never out of touch.

FDW and I have made a tradition of taking a trip on the decade wedding anniversaries. For our 10th, we drove to Mazatlan and stayed in a tropical setting. We toured
the town and spent many hours on the beach, never missing happy hour at the hotel. The highlight of the trip was my neglect to get my clothes out of the dryer and pack them. I got to go shopping and buy a few things. FDW swore I'd had a memory lapse on purpose. Moi?

For our second decade of marriage, we flew to Hawaii. That was FDW's first time there, and he tried to talk me into moving. No way. I know after more than a couple of weeks, when the fancy drinks were history and the need to work took over, I'd get Island Fever big time.

Our 30th anniversary fulfilled one of my lifelong dreams...to see Michelangelo's David. We spent several fantastic days in Florence, Italy with a local young woman as our guide. She was a friend of our Austrian friend who joined us. We then drove with him to Austria to spend several days with his family. What a trip!

Cancun was our 40th anniversary destination. We'd been there before and didn't need to do any tourist stuff. We spent all of our time relaxing on the beach.

Now, we're at the 50th. Did you know only 6% of American marriages make it to fifty? We're really looking forward to Minnesota and the long drive. We lived in Minnesota for eighteen years, made many good friends, and fell in love with the state.

Meanwhile, the fifth and final book in my Love and Murder Series released on June 18. Planning a trip and a release has been exhausting. But fun!


THE DEEP WELL OF LOVE AND MURDER
After an abusive childhood and a bad marriage, Laura Katz finally finds a home, stability…and possibly love. But her blissful refuge as nanny on the Meadowlark Ranch, miles from Flagstaff, shatters when her ex is released from prison, determined to reclaim her.

Randy Silva, the ranch’s foreman, has dreams of his own ranch, but a nasty land grab is underway. While the battle escalates, Laura steals his heart, but dangerous outsiders and a criminal ex-husband stand in their way. Randy’s in a perilous fight for his land and the woman he wants by his side.


Buy Links:
AMAZON
iTUNES
KOBO

11 comments:

Rolynn Anderson said...

Happy 50th! To be one of the 6% of couples who made it to 50...congrats! (That's an amazing statistic) My husband mentioned the other day that we have three years to plan a 50th blowout. And now you're reminding me that 50 deserves some celebration. Let the planning begin!

So happy for your book release, as well. Smart of you to put links to Zon, iTunes and Kobo...still on my to do list is to get 50 reviews I've already written on iTunes and Kobo. Happy Sales to You!

Jannine Gallant said...

Congrats on the big five oh! Have a wonderful time on your trip. What a fun traveling tradition!

Alison Henderson said...

I keep telling OG he needs to keep it together another fifteen years so we can make it to our 50th. Congratulations to you both!

Margo Hoornstra said...

We celebrated arriving at 50 years wed in March of this year with a Caribbean cruise. I love the idea of trips in ten year increments. We need to figure out someplace new for our 60th. Have a great time. And, like you, my dear husband began our trip with a face plant and resulting black eye. (Great for pictures!) I was the one who ended up on day two in the endodontist chair with a massive tooth infection. Quite the way to travel! Enjoy!! And best of luck on Deep Well.

Brenda Whiteside said...

You should do something big, Rolynn. Yeah, I need to do reviews elsewhere too!

Brenda Whiteside said...

Thanks Jannine and Alison.

Brenda Whiteside said...

Margo, best laid plans and all that. Yeah, we've had a few other bungles but it's all an adventure.

Andrea Downing said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. Sounds like you guys know how to celebrate big time!

Leah St. James said...

I thought I commented yesterday, but it appears to have disappeared (or never posted)! Anyway, congratulations on your big, big milestone! Love the photos. :-) And congrats on the new book. It's on my TBR list!

Diane Burton said...

Congrats on your 50th. Hubs' folks were married 58 yrs. My dad died 4 months before their 50th. we have 4 more years to go to join you and Margo. Amazing. Best wishes on your newest release. Off to get my copy.

Alicia Dean said...

How wonderful...congratluations. Enjoy your trip. LOVE the pics!