Thursday, January 4, 2018
Show 2018 Who's the Boss! by Christine DePetrillo
I've decided I don't like the word "resolutions." The term isn't aggressive enough for me. I feel as if you can let resolutions fall to the wayside too easily. I prefer "goals." New Year's Goals.
Yeah, much better. Now I feel as if I HAVE to meet them. I have to show 2018 that I'm in charge. I'm the boss. I mean business!
So here we go...
5. Release the rest of my Warrior Wolves series. I have the remaining three books written. They just need editing, cover art, and uploading. This should take me through the year pretty well as I usually release three books a year. I'll of course be working on another series, especially since I took the entire month of December off from writing as I usually do. I've got a series based on acts of kindness sketched out (with two books in that series written and plans for number three), so I have plenty to keep me busy. I look forward to inventing new book boyfriends.
4. Collaborate with other authors. I want to continue having a blast with author Amanda Torrey in our reader Facebook group, Small Town Hearts, and the two of us might just be cooking up some other fun. Stay tuned. If you're not a member of Small Town Hearts, come join us. We have such a cozy spot on the internet.
3. Achieve balance. With the above two writing-related goals, I must remember to also take time to... you know... live. I get so wrapped up in my pursuits that sometimes I forget to have fun. Okay, okay. I OFTEN forget to have fun. I must change that. I'm not getting any younger (and the search for a vampire to turn me has remained unsuccessful).
2. Stay physically active. As mentioned in #3, I'm not getting any younger so I feel the need to move more. I can keep time from catching up to me if I just walk and hike a little faster, a little farther. The dog will help me with this one.
1. Be happy. This is all about having a positive attitude because it makes all the difference. Happy people imagine themselves to be happy and then that becomes their reality.
What are your goals for 2018?