Friday, September 9, 2016

REPEAT by Brenda Whiteside

I'm cheating today and not composing an original post. My life has been fraught with too much family drama, exchanging RV's, blowing car engines, tire blow outs, and anything not related to my writing career. This post is from last spring on my personal blog. I spent a lovely day on Apache Lake, not far from our RV ranch in Tonto Basin, AZ. I thought about deleting the photos of Rusty since he passed last summer, but it's a good memory. Hope you enjoy.

Since Frank and I have been in Tonto Basin all week, I'm a little short on farm news, so I'd love to share some pictures of Apache Lake. I don't get out on the water very often. I decided to not get a fishing license this year since most days I write. But I love an occasional lake day, and I hadn't been on Apache Lake in many years.
On the road. Water below.

The road in is narrow, dirt, and a bit treacherous. The Apache Trail
There's a story of someone who lived in a cave.
hasn't changed in decades. It certainly keeps the crowds down so that one of the most gorgeous lakes in Arizona isn't overrun.

The evidence is there.

Rusty waits for Frank to catch a fish.
It was a beautiful day.





Apache Dam


There are areas that look landscaped.

Rusty licks the fish before it goes into the water.

The scenery changes.


A relaxing day to read.

8 comments:

Jannine Gallant said...

A beautiful day definitely worthy of a second look! Hope your life settles down soon!

Rolynn Anderson said...

Thanks for the pics, Brenda. The livin' looks easy in these snapshots. Good to remember!

Margo Hoornstra said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Nice to re-visit Rusty too. So sorry for your loss.

Andrea Downing said...

Brenda, here's hoping your life settles soon--dwell on these good memories and you'll get by.

Vonnie Davis, Author said...

Lovely pictures of a state I've never visited and always wished I had. I hope life settles for you soon. Upheaval is no way to spend retirement. Hugs!

Brenda Whiteside said...

Thanks, gang! Add computer/Internet problems to the list. LOL I've spent all morning trying to get on. Taking computer to the doc in Prescott on Sunday. He's brand new and acting like an old man with his speed and a young pup cause he keeps dumping me. LOL

Diane Burton said...

Hope your life settles down, Brenda. Love the photos. Maybe Hubs & I can visit there this winter when we go out to visit our son & family.

Brenda Whiteside said...

Never boring, Diane. Just be prepared for a rough ride.