One thing I absolutely love to do during the hot New England summer is read.
Umm, who am I kidding?
I LOVE to read all year!
Anyway, I thought I would use this post to recommend some great reads for the beach and other places you may find yourself this summer. So, in other words, I’m going to pimp some of my writing friends, but trust me, you don’t want to miss these books.
1. Anything by Penny Watson. Her Klaus brothers books are fantastic as are Lumberjack in Love and Apples Should Be Red. Her writing is clean, easy to read, and her characters are a total hoot.
2. Waking the Merrow, by Heather Rigney. Not all mermaids are nice, folks, and this book proves it. A fantastic blend of history and fiction, you will think twice about what you think you see out in the water.
3. Anything by Joseph Mazzenga. His short stories are deep and leave you questioning what is real and what isn’t. And he can write poems from a female werewolf perspective like nobody’s business.
4. The Healing Springs series by Amanda Torrey. OMG, I love every one of these books. Filled with great heroes and wonderful heroines, these are stories to make you feel good about love.
5. The Teacher’s Billionaire, by ChristinaTetreault. This is the first book in her series and I loved the escape it provided. I’m a teacher and keep looking for a billionaire to show up and claim me, but as of yet, no luck.
6. The Kitchen Witch, by Annette Blair. I’ve read several books by Annette and have loved them all, but her witch books will forever remain my favorite. A great mix of magic, hilarity, and happily ever after.
7. Anything by the Roses of Prose authors. We each have our unique voices and styles, offering you a tasty buffet of books.
8. Anything by Kristan Higgins, Jill Shalvis, and Laura Kaye. I’ve met Kristan and Laura at book events and would love to meet Jill. All three of these authors write characters that insert themselves into your life. You’ll want to call their characters friend after you read their tales.
Naturally, I could make a list of books to read that would fill the internet, but you don’t have time to read that list. You have to get started on these books first.
I’m also part of a boxed set this summer. Pure Romance is a box set of 10 stories from 10 great authors. I’m so happy to be included with these fine writers. You get all 10 books for only $0.99! Get your pre-order in now before it releases tomorrow and spread the word!
What books do you suggest for me this summer?
ChrisMore Than Pancakes, Book One in The Maple Series, always FREE