Thursday, November 26, 2015

This day

Take a deep breath and just be thankful.

I, at least, think about this a lot. I'm in a country where I am safe (mostly). I am free to choose my own career. I didn't have to be worried that I would be married off to someone. I had a childhood free from anxiety or fear or pain. I have a roof over my head, food on my table, and spending money. I have clothing, free time, and choices.

Read any news story about refugees and war, and just stop for a minute and compare.

Just be thankful.

J L
(jayellwilson.com)

4 comments:

Jannine Gallant said...

So very true. Happy Thanksgiving!

Margo Hoornstra said...

We are all so very fortunate. Happy Thanksgiving.

Leah St. James said...

Yep... so true. Happy Thanksgiving a day late. :-)

Diane Burton said...

We are fortunate, aren't we? Thanks for the reminder, JL. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.