These days it seems like everything is all about pumpkin spice. Latte, cheesecake, Oreos. Now I love pumpkin, but I thought I'd share my very favorite autumn pie recipe with you. It's one of OG's favorites, too. Last year I made it for Thanksgiving and I plan to do the same this year. I challenge you to give it a try. You won't be disappointed!
Divine Pear and Cranberry Pie
2 unbaked 9-inch pie crusts, pierced with a fork
6 half-ripe pears, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp grated fresh lemon zest
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
2-3 tbsp milk
Sprinkling of sugar
- Gently toss pears with lemon juice, zest, and cranberries.
- Mix together sugar, flour, and salt. Combine with pear and berry mixture.
- Layer pear and berry mixture into first pie crust.
- Place second pie crust on top, seal edges, and cut small vents in the top with a knife.
- Gently brush the top pie crust with milk. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated 375-degree oven for 50-55 minutes.
- Let pie cool for 1 hour before slicing.