Saturday, November 7, 2015

Betwixt anf Between by Barbara Edwards #twrp

The approach of cold weather is a flurry of activity for me. I’m packing my summer clothes in the camper for our trip south, unpacking the jackets and coats to use until we leave, and deciding what I’ll need for my writing.

I’ve finally adjusted to the changes involved in my writing habits. I have an area in our house where I’ve got what I need. In the camper there’s not a lot of space and I struggled to write.
Last winter I finally found that place. it was inside me. I was the only obstacle. When I let go of the need for that perfect writing desk, my ‘things’ in order, the chair i prefer, it all worked.

Right now I am betwixt and between. The Brides of Christmas Anthology Book 1 was released this week. My novella, Dixie’s Gift will be available Dec 7. So  i’m caught up in promotion, working on edits to a complete manuscript, writing the next two Rhodes End Series books and my blogs.

All this has to continue when we travel. I use a hotspot on my phone for internet connections and this is a real advantage most of the time. My laptop computer has a long-life battery and I can type all day anywhere. Nice.

So why am I telling you all this? Because it’s hard writing. Any encouragement when its not easy is a gift. Not every day goes well or results in finished pages. So here’s to a new season! To another story! To using change!

Dixie’s Gift by Barbara Edwards
Blurb: Ellen Carter deeply grieves for her husband Dan, but at least she still has Dixie, her beloved Malinois. However, soon Dixie leaves her too. But the faithful dog cannot rest easy in heaven while her mistress is unhappy. Dixie pleads with the Archangel Michael to let her send help, and intercedes for Ellen in the only way she can. But will Ellen get the message, and more importantly, will she accept Dixie's gift?
Sexy newcomer Michael Burke can barely take enough time from his successful restaurant for a decent night's sleep, let alone romance. Still, he is intrigued by the beautiful widow and can't resist entering her shop. Sparks fly, and when Ellen has an accident in a snowstorm, he comes to her rescue. Trapped by a blizzard and aided by Dixie's Gift, Ellen and Michael find more than shelter--they find love.
Release Date: Dec 7, 2015 from the Wild Rose Press.
ISBN 978-1-5092-0522-6 Digital

The Brides of Christmas Anthology, Book I
http://www.wildrosepublishing.com/maincatalog_v151/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=242_175_133&products_id=6477

Big on Christmas by Jan Romes

Cassie Newman left L.A. with a secret and finds herself in Woodstock, Vermont – a town rich with Christmas tradition. She tries to forget the world she knew, but the small-town charm makes her even more aware of the life she never had.
Luke Stennett doesn’t have time for relationships. Things are starting to go right but he has a secret of his own that could potentially turn everything upside down.
Once their secrets are revealed, will it kill the chemistry and send Cassie back to LA? Or will she fight for her happiness and stay firmly planted in a place big on Christmas?


Late for the Wedding by Barbara Edwards

Despite an impending nor’easter, Heather Green sets out for her twin sister’s wedding with the dress, cake, and favors. As the snow piles up, she wrecks her car in an accident.
Driving a tow truck, Nicholas Burnes has the task of helping Heather. When the storm closes the roads, he ends up offering her shelter. Warm and rested, Nick and Heather explore their attraction to each other, only to part when he delivers her to her sister’s wedding. But weddings breed weddings…


Till the World Is Safe for Dreams by Fleeta Cunningham

Dreams were put on hold when the bombs hit Pearl Harbor, including Kay and Jeremy’s wedding plans. Now he’s half a world away, and Kay is spending her days in a war plant, forging bonds with other women who worry and wait. Then she receives the news that Jeremy has life threatening injuries. Will he come back? If he does, will he be the same? Will the world ever be safe for dreams?


Please follow, friend or like me. I love to hear from my readers.




Amazon Author’s Page http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003F6ZK1A






http://www.shelfari.com/authorbarbara_edwards


6 comments:

Leah St. James said...

This is a fun contrast to Amber's post yesterday about her writing environment, how you had to find yours within. I applaud you for that. I'm not sure I could! Writing IS hard. People who read a great book and think, "I could do that," don't realize, until they've tried, all the parts that must come together, seamlessly, for that reader to get lost in the author's world. Thanks for reminding us, Barbara. And have fun on your trip south!

Liz Flaherty said...

What a lesson that is for all of us. I love my writing environment and don't do so well when I'm not in it--now I'll know where to look!

Jannine Gallant said...

I'm lucky because I can write at work (between customers) and at home, so I've learned to adapt to whatever environment I'm in. I think I actually get more done when I'm not at home with housework, a dog, a kid and a husband to distract me!

Rolynn Anderson said...

Barbara, I can identify...for all the years I've been writing, I've had to leave my desk in California (where the sun sparks my optimism) to write in a trawler for four months...along the Inside Passage. Very similar to a motor home. Often NOT conducive to writing when I had to start the diesel furnace for warmth or figure out why the inverter shut down...or decide if our anchor was still holding (once I woke up to us bobbing around in 700 feet of water when we'd anchored in a bay with 60 feet below the keel). I digress...more. Now instead of being on the boat, we are living in Europe (a month in Aix en Provence & a month in Seville). After that it's a month on the east coast. Once again, my writing life is upended on a daily basis. And if you've got the Alhambra to visit, how many pages of fiction do you really want to write? You get the drift. I constantly have to balance my writing with what time I share exclusively with my husband and our adventures. But when you take the whole picture in, we're lucky to have such choices...and the will/power to do the right thing!

Margo Hoornstra said...

I love the idea of finding your perfect writing place within. Kudos to you for making the discovery. It is hard to balance our writing with everything and everyone else going on around us. With all your blogs and releases, seems to me you've found a way to do it. Safe travels and enjoy yourself.

Diane Burton said...

I love your line about finding the perfect place to write inside you. How true. I think I've found that, too. Never thought about it like that. Someone asked how can I write with chaos around me. I have "tunnel vision"--I don't see the chaos. Ditto what Margo wrote: safe travels and enjoy the journey.