Sunday, May 7, 2017

My First Time by Barbara Edwards

I've reached a point in my life where there is very little new.
So I was taken by surprise yesterday.
My son had me try his VR unit.
What is that asks the other computer illiterate people in this world.
A Virtual Reality unit looks like a boxy set of binoculars and fit over your eyes by way of headgear. He also fit me with headphones.
My son was talking about using the unit to overcome a fear of heights using one of the programs.
Well, I can tell you I don't want anyone virtual or not dangling me over a long drop.
He laughed and put in a short free program about dinosaurs.
I didn't know what to expect when it was fit to my head and he turned it on.
OH my goodness.
I watched and participated in a short episode with a dinosaur. A brontosorous I think. Is the spelling right?
Theis huge animal slept at my feet. I could see it breathing and looked all around. Up, down, left, right. Everywhere I looked was like I turned my head and actually focused on details.
It was fascinating. The animal woke and stretched. It got up and walked up to me to sniff my face.
I went cross-eyed it was so close.
Then it turned and laid down again.
I was hooked.
I want one of my own.
How much does it cost i demanded. His reply knocked my dream to the ground. Several hundred dollars plus the still expensive programs.
Sigh.
He didn't bite the hint he should give it to me. I don't blame him.
And maybe I'm lucky.
I can see how this new invention could be addicting. I already spend too much time on the computer doing social media. I don't need to eat up more of my time no matter how fascinating.
Although I will double check under the Christmas tree this year.

Check out Another Love by Barbara Edwards
 A Historical Romance
Available at Books by WingsEpress
Check www.barbaraedwards.net for more excerpts

Blurb: 
Some promises are made to be broken.
Caught in a web of political intrigue, graft and threats to a beloved child, Meg Warren and Drew Larkin hunt the men threatening the downfall of President Cleveland and the economic fabric of America. From a poor farm to the ostentatious world of New York’s elite, they sift lies, discover trust and an attraction they cannot resist. The last thing they expect to find is a love worth more than gold.

Excerpt: 
Meg quivered like a trapped bird in his arms. Her slender bones were as fragile and delicate as the lace edging her collar. Alarm widened her eyes.
"How can you prove your innocence? I can think of a way.”
 His mouth locked over hers, smothering her protest. His tongue probed the seam between her lips and she moved head back. He instantly slipped his hand to the back of her head to hold her still. His tongue coaxed.
Her thick hair loosened from its knot. The heavy length cascaded over her shoulders and down her back. Drew groaned when the silken tresses brushed his hands. His fingers twined in the softly scented curls. He tugged gently. Upon her gasp, his tongue surged between her lips.
Her hands stilled, then she caught his lower lip with her teeth and bit down, hard. She whirled away to face him from the other side of the small room. If he thought she looked regal before, now she looked magnificent. A Greek goddess, breasts uplifted with pride and rage, her hair flowing like dark water over her slim shoulders.
She pointed an accusing finger at him and he fully expected a bolt of lightening to char him to a cinder.
"I will not prove anything by going to bed with you," she cried.


"Quote." – Pat Potter, award winning author calls Another Love…“A real page turner with wonderful characters and a unique plot. You can’t miss with this one.”

Review from Romantic Times Magazine **** 1/2 (four and one-half stars)

Please follow, friend or like me. I love to hear from my readers.
Amazon Author’s Page http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003F6ZK1A





13 comments:

Leah St. James said...

I've seen the ads for the VR units on TV, Barbara, and have been intrigued! I'd love to try one out, too! Maybe put it on your next holiday/birthday (Mother's Day...:-)) gift list as a group gift! Glad you had fun with it!

Jannine Gallant said...

It sounds fascinating! I'd like to get up close and personal with a brontosaurus!

Diane Burton said...

That must have been fascinating. I've seen them in movies (James Bond & Miss Moneypenny in one of the Pierce Brosnan films). Like you, Barb, I would be so intrigued I wouldn't write or do anything. LOL I can wait.

Rolynn Anderson said...

Fun! Now we don't have to Google it (satellite image) or V-Pike it to see a setting new to us, we can VR it for our stories. This is sounding like an important business expense :-)

Brenda Whiteside said...

It sounds like something for adults only. Children are so hooked on technology now, it saddens me they don't do as much face to face social living. Can you imagine a world of kids walking around with those on? But for me...sounds like fun.

Barbara Edwards said...

I don't hink I actually want one. It would replace my kindle as a way to relax.

Barbara Edwards said...

You know how to spell the dinosaur name! Wow. NICE.

Barbara Edwards said...

HI DIANE,
It was fun. Too much I think.

Barbara Edwards said...

Hi Rolynn,
I have to remember that. Save the receipts for tax time. LOL

Barbara Edwards said...

Hi Brenda,
I agree. I was fascinated in one time. I can imagine it being overused.
Ugh,

Andrea Downing said...

I can't say it appeals to me in the least, but perhaps I'd change my mind if I tried one--was forced to try one. I'm a sort of breathe the fresh air type of gal, and take in the (real) view. But wait a while, Barb, just like computers and the rest of the digital world, I'm sure the price will come down eventually.

Margo Hoornstra said...

The VR unit does sound like something that could easily become addicting. Though doesn't appear to be a harmful addiction. I would love to one on one with a brontosaurus. How cool!

Alicia Dean said...

Wow, I didn't even know about these things. How cool! I would love to try one of those. Good luck getting your very own! :D Your book sounds wonderful. Great excerpt!