Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Years Resolution - Hunker Down and Write!



Laura Breck
There was an old cowboy movie on the other day, and one of the cowboys told his partner to hunker down and get it done.

The term caught on in our house, and we've been using it in myriad sentences; everything from "Hunker down and eat your vegetables," to "I need to hunker down our monthly spending."
The way I use the term is to remind myself to spend more time writing and less time doing other things that really don't need doing. Games online, games on my Kindle, games on my phone, watching television, board games. Hmmm, we play a lot of games, don't we?

Someone said, a writer's job is Butt in Chair, Write. With the number of projects I have committed to this spring, that's what I'll be doing this month, next month, and if I find that hunkering down works for me, hopefully for the rest of the year!
Happy New Year!
Laura
~Smart Women ~Sexy Men ~Seductive Romance
LauraBreck.com
Dancing in a Hurricane is available in digital and paperback formats at Amazon and in paperback at Createspace

3 comments:

Margo Hoornstra said...

Great advice, Laura. You're exactly right about a writer's job. Hunker down is so descriptive! Happy new year!

Jannine Gallant said...

Good luck with your resolution, Laura!

glenys said...

Thanks for the reminder, Laura! Between Real Life, promoting, and playing on the Net (yes, those games again!) The writing can get forgotten. I've belonged to a book-in-a-week challenge group for years and the slogan is: Butt in Chair, Hands on Keyboard, Typing Away Madly or BICHOKTAM, for short. Need to type that out and pin it above my desk.....May you turn out many words this year!