Thursday, January 3, 2013

JUDGING A BOOK BY ITS COVER

Happy New Year! May 2013 bring you only the best!

Laura Breck's Cover Creation
I feel like I've been gone for ages! I did so enjoy the stories throughout December, though. My fellow Roses did a great job! But its good to be back.

2013— Bright Beginnings!

I have been busy writing. I have so much I want to accomplish this year with my books. I'm almost ready to release the second book in my Secret Lives Series. Now comes one of my favorite parts...picking out a cover.

Exciting! You have spent months creating a story. Now you need the perfect cover. Some writers can create their own. I would point out the wonderful job our own Laura Breck does with covers. Beth Trissel an author I know has her daughter, Elise, create her covers. A quite talented young lady I might add. Then if you're like me, you have to depend on the talents of others to create your cover.

Cover Art by Graphiczxdesigns
Cover Art by Elise Trissel

Cover Art by Calista Taylor













The cover to your book might be the most important ingredient besides the writing in creating your book. It's the first thing one sees. You need something catchy. It's so important to capture the readers imagination so they will pick up your book.

So I'm going to have fun today. I'm going to show a few covers. Some of mine—I will admit I'm just a tad excited about the new cover to Broken Legacy. Erin Dameron-Hill even went back and touched up Seductive Secrets cover to match Broken Legacy.

Cover Art by Erin Dameron-Hill



Let me know what you think! What are a few of your favorites?
Seductive Secrets also is available in paperback. Check out its cover if you get the chance. Just a tad different.



Happy 2013! Keep Reading! For more about my books, check out my website, Jerri Hines, Romance Author.

BROKEN LEGACY
COMING FEBRUARY, 2013
Cover Art by Erin Dameron-Hill

15 comments:

Unknown said...

You obviously know what you’re writing about. Good job.
odisha real estate

JenaGalifany said...

Beautiful covers, Jerri. Thanks for sharing.

Beth Trissel said...

Wonderful. I recognize one of these covers....hmmmm :)

Colleen Connally said...

Beth,

You must be so proud! Elise does an awesome job!

Colleen Connally said...

Jena,

Thanks for the compliment. Covers are so fun!

Jinny B said...

I can agree, the cover is so important! And something I miss so much about electronic books. Beth, your covers that Elise creates are so very spot on! As for the more traditional covers, I so love a woman in a beautiful gown and a guy in, well whatever he's in!

Jannine Gallant said...

Your new cover is beautiful, Jerri. I love the way the two books match so well.

Colleen Connally said...

Erin went back and touched up Seductive Secrets when I went to her about Broken Legacy. I'm so excited about the covers. I think she did an excellent job.

Margo Hoornstra said...

They are beautiful covers. Such talent.

Colleen Connally said...

They are great covers, aren't they? I've tried to create a cover. Somehow they never come out the way I imagine.

Beth Trissel said...

Thanks so much for the high fives for Elise. I'm very proud of her. Can you tell :)

Alison Henderson said...

I just love covers, Jerri, and yours look great. (Hats off to Elise Trissel, too!) I'm looking forward to trying my hand at cover design in 2013.

Colleen Connally said...

Beth,
Elise makes gorgeous covers!

Alison,
Good luck with your venture!

2013 is looking very bright indeed!

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone for your kind complements :)

Colleen Connally said...

Elise,
Keep up the wonderful work you are doing. Good luck with your venture! Very talented!