Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year and a New Beginning by Jena Galifany

I feel privileged to be posting the opening blog for 2013. It is an honor, in more ways than one. I've been able to be the first Rose of Prose to welcome our readers to the new year. I'm further blessed to be able to actually post this blog after spilling a cup of Iced Tea in my computer just before I created this post!


After rushing my ailing computer, which was quickly flipped on its face to let the liquid drain instead of pool in the lower recesses of the laptop and turned off to minimize damage, home to my husband, the McGyver of all things fixable, the unit was quickly dismantled. In short order it was verified that the only problem with my close friend is she is in need of a new keyboard. One has been ordered and we are writing on an outboard keyboard to bring you this blog.  Thank you, Lord!

Moving on.  What does the new year mean to you? Is it a new opportunity to begin a new book, reading it or writing it? Does it mean starting over to read your Bible once through in a year? Does it mean starting a new relationship with an old friend or family member? Will you be making changes to your life to make it better?

There are so many things that can be attended to in the new year. It is a good time to break off the old and bring on the new. A time to set new goals and make new plans.

As for me, I plan on doing all of the things I mentioned above. I will read many books that I have standing by. I will write one or more of the twelve stories that I have waiting in my trusty laptop (once that new keyboard is installed!). I will read my Bible daily and finish it at least once before the year is up. I will enjoy a renewed relationship with a few of my family members. All of the changes I will make will improve my life. I know the only one who can make these resolutions and actually stick to them is me. The new year gives me the opportunity to improve my life and nothing will stop me except me.

What new resolutions will you make? Will you be recycling resolutions from years gone by? Why not? You only lose if you quit trying. Here's to a great new year and success to us all.

Read the first chapter of my published books on my WEBSITE.
Purchase my Books here: Whiskey Creek Press  -  Red Rose Publishing

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Cheers!
Jena Galifany


5 comments:

Colleen Connally said...

Happy New Year! Here's to hoping that today is a bright beginning to 2013.

Margo Hoornstra said...

Great post to start the New Beginnings, Jena. Happy New Year! And what Jerri said too.

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Happy New Year All!!! Thanks for bringing in the year with a lovely post.

I don't do resolutions. My attention span is too short. Why set myself up for failure? I stopped them when I turned 50, realizing that after 20 years of New Years resolutions to lose weight, I still weighed the same--okay, okay, so I weighed more, but we won't go there.

Jannine Gallant said...

Happy New Year! Hmm, resolutions, I don't usually do them. Maybe less ice cream. That seems doable. (You notice I don't say no ice cream! LOL)

JenaGalifany said...

I've decided this will be an awesome year. And with the encouragement of all of you lovely ladies, I know it will be!
Hugzzz!
JG