Sunday, January 13, 2013

3 simple things Plus 1

I set 3 simple goals for myself this year:

1. Eat right. I'm the sort of person who MUST track calories, otherwise my portions get totally silly. So I'm going to eat right and lost that pesky 10 pounds that haunts me.

2. Write daily. I got out of the habit of being in the habit of writing, so I'm writing every day now (or blocking out a scene, or prepping for a scene). I'm engaged daily.

3. Daily promo. I got out of the habit of doing promo posts, so I'm posting something at one Yahoo group daily, or I'm blogging (this counts!) or I'm doing SOMETHING to further my writing career.

What's the Plus 1?

I chose one word as my overall "theme" for the year: Flexible. I repeat that like a mantra as needed: I will be flexible (when the cleaning people don't show up and I have to scurry to get things looking good); I will be flexible (when my husband decides to cook dinner and it's not quite to my liking). I will be flexible ...

You get the idea.

It's all working already for me -- I was flexible, so I set aside one book and am working on another that just needs revisions. I've lost 2 pounds (a start!) and I have posted daily (okay. I missed one day).

I spent 2012 in a 'coasting' sort of mode because of legal issues and other things that sapped my energy. I'm determined that 2013 will be a high-energy year for me, so look out -- I have plans! I'm hoping to have at least 4 books out this year and if I really kick it into high gear, that might go up to 7.

Whooee -- look out!


2 comments:

Margo Hoornstra said...

Look out indeed!! You go, girl. Best of luck. You can do it.

Jannine Gallant said...

Plans are good - especially when you follow them!