Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Book releases never get old

I had a book release last week (info about the book later). This is my 29th book still in print, and my 30th overall (I have one that had the rights revert to me but I haven't re-released it yet).

I always grumble about the "work" around a release -- getting my Amazon page updated, my Goodread page updated, posting blurbs here and there, getting buy links ready. But it's still a lot of fun, too. It was in June, 10 years ago (gasp!) that my first book came out. I have 4 books out that year and it's been a whirlwind since then. Publishers have come and gone (and some remained), books got new covers, and I'm still plugging away.

My latest series is the Remembered Classics, where I take a tale we know (like my previous book, Dogged, which took The Hound of the Baskervilles) and sets in a contemporary setting, using the characters not quite the way they were originally fashioned. It's great fun to try to twist a tale to match a murder and figure out who's who.

So here's to #29: Laked, my King Arthur in Minnesota story, about a woman (Vivian) who lives on a lake (but she's terrified of water) and Arthur, who's looking for a sword that Vivian has.


Amazon buy link

Who's who in Laked

And here's the blurb and other buying options

J L
(jayellwilson.com)

8 comments:

Margo Hoornstra said...

That so is the bottom line with all of us. We must enjoy the writing and have fun with the rest.

Rolynn Anderson said...

You've got a tremendous back list, JL, along with a cool concept for taking classics and modernizing them. Love your titles and covers, too! LAKED sounds like a 'sharp' story!

Jannine Gallant said...

Congratulations! 30 books is quite a feat. I absolutely love that cover. Best of luck with sales!

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

I love the cover, too. And the encouragement to write more to increase my backlist. Yay you for keeping at it. You sound as if you love every minute of your work, as do I...well, except for the promo part.

Leah St. James said...

Wow, that's amazing! I feel more like a slug than ever! :-) And the cover really is fantastic. Wishing you much success!

Diane Burton said...

Fantastic,JL. Congrats on the new release. Maybe I'm getting jaded or tired, but a book's release isn't as exciting as it used to be for me. I get a little bit excited, of course, but not like it was with my first book. Anyway, best wishes.

Barbara Edwards said...

Sounds good! I'm checking this out!

Alicia Dean said...

Love your concept, and I really love this book! Congrats on the release...on to the next one!