Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Frightening Sign - Summer is Half Over!

Laura Breck
Driving by a local school, I noticed their display board said, “First day of school is September 3! Enjoy your summer!”

I can imagine the sinking feeling in the pit of their stomachs as kids see that sign. And when they see the Back To School aisle at the local Target store, they have to feel a little panic.

For me, it was a reminder that we have only a few more months of nice weather here in Minnesota. Time to get to the beach, borrow a friend’s cabin for a weekend, take a drive with the bikes and explore a new trail, and vow to do more grilling!

Instead of looking at it as ‘summer’s half over,’ I’ll view it as ‘we have a whole half-summer left!’

What are you going to do with the rest of the season? Don’t wait too long - time does have a way of slipping away on us.

Enjoy the second half of summer!
Laura
~Smart Women ~Sexy Men ~Seductive Romance
LauraBreck.com
~Dancing in a Hurricane is available in digital formats at Amazon, Smashwords, and Barnes & Noble and in paperback at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Createspace
~Love in the Land of Lakes is available in digital format at Smashwords, All Romance Ebooks, Barnes & Noble, and Amazon, and in paperback at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Createspace

4 comments:

Jannine Gallant said...

Our kids go back to school the week before Labor Day! To me, fall means back to normal, but I know my girls are enjoying their freedom. I'm taking advantage of the beautiful weather to hike every day. Enjoy your summer, Laura.

Diane Burton said...

My super-organized daughter (she didn't get it from me) has a Summer Bucket List for her kids--they had to contribute to it along with ideas from her. She posted the list in the family room where they see it each day and check off the things they've done. I wish I'd thought of that when my kids were young. Because the kiddies still take naps, the activities are usually morning only. So it isn't a go-go-go summer for Mom or kids.

Margo Hoornstra said...

Somehow I got a super-organized daughter too. Must skip a generation or two. September used to mean school clothes shopping. Now it means not so crowded at the Y. Things do change. I'm with Jannine. Nothing beats a summertime walk.

Leah St. James said...

When I was a kid and spent every possible day at the beach, I used to hate the arrival of the 4th of July because it was the demarcation line that signified the official beach season was half over. When I read your headline, I thought, The summer can't be half over! It isn't yet the 4th of .... Oh wait, we just celebrated that last week, didn't we? :-) Wishing everyone a happy Summer Part II!