Monday, November 26, 2012

The best potato soup

I used to make "real" potato soup until I discovered this recipe:









Threemie’s Easy Potato Soup

(1) 32 oz. bag frozen southern style hash browns (diced potatoes)
(2) 14 oz. cans chicken broth (low sodium)
(2) 10.75 oz. cans cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup chopped onions                (1) 3 oz. jar Hormel Real Bacon Bits
Salt & pepper to taste                      (1) 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened


In large crockpot, stir together frozen potatoes, onions & bacon bits.
In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, chicken broth, chicken soup, salt & pepper. Pour into crockpot & mix with rubber spatula.
Cover & cook on low, 6-8 hours.
This recipe is from one of my book (Homicide, Hostages, and Hot Rod Restorations). For the "real" recipe card, go to my web site here and check it out!
 



2 comments:

Jannine Gallant said...

Yum! I made turkey soup last night. This looks like way less work.

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

I love homemade soups. We have them quite often. This recipe looks great. Thanks!