Sunday, November 18, 2012

Don't Forget the Cranberry Sauce! by Jannine Gallant

dinners,food,holidays,meals,special occasions,Thanksgiving,turkeys,roasted,stuffed,preparations

Thanksgiving is almost here. Your turkey is thawing in the refrigerator. The big bag of potatoes is sitting in the pantry, just waiting to be peeled. The pumpkin pie recipe rests front and center on the counter. All that's left to think about is the cranberry sauce. I spent holiday after holiday trying different recipes, never quite satisfied with the taste. So, I started combining and creating and concocting until I finally came up with a version that suited me. Happily, it's super easy to prepare! I hope you enjoy my recipe and have a splendid holiday with your family.

Cranberry Sauce

12 oz. bag of cranberries, washed
1 1/2 cups peeled, chopped apple
1 Tbsp. orange zest
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup apple cider

Bring all ingredients to a boil and simmer 30 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and mash. Cool and chill until serving.

Visit me at my Website, or find my books at Amazon,  Barnes & Noble, and other online retailers.


6 comments:

Margo Hoornstra said...

Okay. How easy is easy? Sounds great, but don't they sell this stuff in the stores? LOL

Jannine Gallant said...

I grew up on the wiggly, jiggly kind in the can. This is WAY better! LOL

Colleen Connally said...

I think I can even do that. I'm going to try it. I'll let you know.Have a great holiday!

Jannine Gallant said...

You have a happy Thanksgiving, too, Jerri!

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

This recipe sounds great! Thanks for sharing...my recipe book is filling up!

Jannine Gallant said...

So true, Vonnie. With all this cooking, I hope I have time to write!