Friday, January 9, 2015

The Waiting Game by Anita Kidesu



Hi Roses and Readers. Brenda is taking her scheduled day off so please welcome our guest blogger, Anita Kidesu.

The waiting, the excitement, the anticipation. How long? When? Where? What will it look like? Will I like it? Sounds like a child waiting with excitement and anticipation for their birthday or Christmas, doesn't it? Waiting to peel back the wrapping paper to reveal the hidden gift. Or waiting to find her Easter Basket. But, it's not a holiday I'm talking about.

As a new author with The Wild Rose Press, I'm currently going through the emotions mentioned above. I've been anxiously awaiting the release of my erotica, South Seas Seduction. I've been anticipating the arrival of the cover. I picture myself, finger poised over the key that will open the file, holding my breath, heart tripping, palms sweating, as I reveal my baby.

From the time I sent in my first three chapters to the day I received a contract, my system zings every time I go into my e-mails. Will they want to publish the book? Will I have a lot of edits? What if they don't like my edits? Having gone through my first round of edits, each time I open my e-mails, I now eagerly search through them, looking for the next round, or the cover, or the release date.

Those feelings I had as a child waiting, waiting, waiting for Christmas or my birthday or that last day of school before summer vacation, come forth once again. The sense that the day will never come and nothing you can do will make it come faster.

Right now I'm in that mode. The day I announce, "Here is my cover release," or "I have my publication date," will never come and I'll die if it doesn't.

Of course, I survived all those years as a child when I knew Christmas was never going to arrive or I'll never turn 10, 16, or 21. And, of course, I will survive waiting for the birth of South Seas Seduction.  

As authors, we are told to start the next book as soon as we've sent one off. I suppose that means every time I send off a book to my editor, I'll go through these emotions. I'm not sure I can stand the suspense.
But then, I guess that feeling I had when I received the email that I was being offered a contract, is worth it. It's like Christmas, Easter, birthdays, and last days of school all rolled up in one. Can't get better than that, can it?

South Seas Seduction Blurb:

Sheltered all her life as the daughter of an ambassador, Emma Labonte boards a small plane on a trip from Australia. One hijacking and a plane crash later, she finds herself on a deserted island and stranded with three different yet equally sexy men. With no hope for rescue, the four begin to carve a semblance of a life in their tropical setting. Closeness breeds curiosity, and naive Emma begins to wonder what it would be like to be loved by these three men. The adventurer Jack, Toby the intelligent doctor, and shy English professor Steve--each carve a special place in her heart. 

When her three men launch seduction in the South Seas, how can she resist?

Excerpt:



Thinking about the men’s needs, she also thought about hers. She needed to set up a plan to keep some kind of control and not be simply a plaything, available every time one of them felt the urge and crooked their finger at her. No, she needed to retain some independence. With her eyes closed she ran through several scenarios. Details had to be finalized before giving them her decision.
Activity always made her think better. Her wrinkled skin itched. Emma got out of the pool, air drying her body before getting dressed again. The sun reflected off her wedding ring. She stared at her finger.
What if she had married the real Jean Paul? Would she have liked him better than the fake one? Would she be mourning his death? She’d liked his parents. How will they feel when they found out he was dead? Of course, that wouldn’t happen unless they were rescued.
What if they weren’t rescued? What if Francois gets away with the murder of Jean Paul and the near murder of herself?
Her mind whirled with the ‘what ifs.’
“Dammit,” she whispered, closing her eyes, tears leaking at the corners.
Before she changed her mind, she yanked off the ring, swung her arm behind her head, and tossed the offending piece of jewelry into the jungle, hoping it would rot with the rest of the vegetation.
 
You can find Tina here:
https://anitakidesu.wordpress.com/
https://twitter.com/AnitaKidesu
https://www.facebook.com/AnitaKidesuAuthor?ref=hl
http://www.pinterest.com/AnitaKidesu/

8 comments:

Maureen said...

Congrats on your upcoming release! I remember (and still have) that excitement in seeing 'your baby' come to life.

Jannine Gallant said...

It is exciting (and sometimes nerve-wracking) every time. Enjoy the process!

Liz Flaherty said...

The journey is so much fun, isn't it? And Jannine's right, it's that way every time. Congratulations and enjoy!

Barbara Edwards said...

Sounds like a great read. Am adding it to my library

Margo Hoornstra said...

It is a great process. One that never, ever gets old no matter how many times you go through it. Best of luck on your debut!

Alicia Dean said...

I know exactly what you mean! Talk about a roller-coaster ride, writing is definitely that. Congrats on your upcoming release. The premise sounds great, and I loved the excerpt!

Diane Burton said...

Congrats on your contract. You accurately describe the feeling most of us go through with each book. Enjoy the journey. Best wishes.

Leah St. James said...

Yep, those are the feelings. I always thought it was like giving birth...without the physical stuff. :-)