Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Questions

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning. ~ Albert Einstein

Good old Al was so right. Questions are what keep us moving forward as a species. I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve been rather disappointed in the lack of speed with which humans are moving. Not forward by leaps and bounds. Sometimes it seems as if homo sapiens aren’t moving forward at all. Not even by inch worm wiggles.

What are we doing instead? Taking selfies? Texting through life? Watching the nightly news and growing ever more convinced that the apocalypse is just moments away?

Sigh. I grow weary of the de-evolution I see happening around me on a daily basis.

Here are ten questions I hope someone is working on answering:

1.      How can we teleport humans over long distances?
2.      Is there intelligent life beyond our planet?
3.      Do people with true superpowers exist among us?
4.      Can we obliterate cancer once and for all?
5.      Will movies/television shows ever be in holographic form?
6.      Is time travel possible?
7.      Will replicators ever be installed in our kitchens so we can have whatever we want for dinner?
8.      Will we ever be able to download information directly into our brains like Trinity in the movie, The Matrix? (Oh, the time that would save!)
9.      In what ways can we improve our system of government in the United States so we can restore our country’s greatness?
10.  What’s the best way to educate children so they will raise questions that need answering and send humans into a new era of enlightenment?
           
What questions do you hope someone is trying to answer?

Toodles,
Chris

5 comments:

Margo Hoornstra said...

Great questions, Chris. An author friend says e-books will someday contain holograms. It's sad news programs concentrate so much on the negative. Their way of getting viewers, I suppose. Oh, and, hard times now, but we're still a great country.

Jannine Gallant said...

I want to know when people will wake up and realize WOMEN should rule the world? Less fighting (we're not as aggressive as men), more accomplished (when's the last time you saw a man multi-task?), AND I'm pretty sure women leaders would make finding a simple solution to housework and meal preparation a top priority! LOL

Alicia Dean said...

Great questions. I can't think of any of my own off hand, but I've answered yours. :)

1. We can't
2. No
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. No
7. Maybe
8. Maybe
9. Way too much to list here
10. Beats me

Thank you for the thought provoking post!

Leah St. James said...

Interesting questions, Chris! I guess my perspective is a little different since I've been on the planet for a while. :-) I look around and see amazing advances from when I was a kid, and I don't think humankind is done. I'm not sure I want some machine downloading knowledge into my brain though. I enjoy discovery too much (now that I'm at the age where I can choose what I want to discover!). Great questions!

Diane Burton said...

Wow, Chris. Terrific questions. My fav is #7. I hate trying to figure out what to make for dinner.