The idea of someone “catching” me reading is a silly one. As my husband once said, “Every time I turn around, Chris, you have another book in your hands.” Ah, yeah, guilty as charged. I can’t help it. I feel lost without a book to read. May is Get Caught Reading Month, but really, I’d be caught reading every single day. I think many writers are this way. At least I hope so. I don’t have bookaholism, do I? I’m not alone in my reading addiction, right? Well, even if I am, I like this obsession and I’m sticking with it.
In this post, I’ve included several books I’ve recently finished, so if you need a book to get caught reading, maybe you can pick up one of these.
1. Hearts in Darkness – Laura Kaye – An interesting take on the whole getting-to-know-you set up in a romance novel. Two people, who have had only moments to see each other, are suddenly trapped together in a pitch black elevator. I have to say, I always take the stairs, but reading this book made me want to chance riding in the elevator if I could meet a dude like the hero Kaye developed.
2. North of Need – Laura Kaye – Yeah, okay, so I’ve become a Laura Kaye fan. This book takes the Frosty the Snowman turning real idea to a whole new level. Loved everything about this book from beginning to end. Can’t wait to get her next one, West of Want.
3. Sweet Magik – Penny Watson – This is a Christmas-themed novel, but I’d read it any time of year. As with the hero in Hearts in Darkness, Watson’s hunk is so damn sexy and lovable. I wished he were real! Her first book in this series, Sweet Inspiration was also awesome.
4. Until There Was You – Kristan Higgins – What to say, what to say…Oh, just go and read EVERYTHING by Kristan Higgins. You won’t be disappointed. Her books are adorable. I smile through every page I read.
5. Moon Dance – J.R. Rain – I just discovered this guy. He’s got a fresh take on the vampire ordeal with his private investigator character, Samantha Moon. She was attacked by a vampire while being a federal agent, was turned, and is now sorting through what her life has become. I plan to read the other books in this series.
So, these are just some suggestions that I’ve enjoyed recently. They all have romance in them, but to varying degrees. Enjoy and let me know if you've read any of them.
What do you recommend for me to read?