Sunday, August 21, 2016

Visiting 50 states by Barbara Edwards- One place

Bryce Canyon
We finally reached out goal. My husband and I have visited all 50 states. To celebrate I started combing through the thousands of photos I took. Oh my. So many beautiful views. How do I pick some to share.
I decided on some snaps from Bryce Canyon, near Yellowstone.
Barbara Edwards at Bryce Canyon



I made the horrible mistake of not labeling each photo as I took them, but I did take photos of many signsso I do know at least where we were.
I want to go back. I didn't see enough. I recommend planning lot of time when you go.
A hoodoo




 This is cs called a hood doo formed by the wind and weather. So many they are like an enormous forest.
I admit every place gives me ideas for another story. I really wanted to climb down into the canyon and wonder amid the broken rocks and plant-life. 

there are hiking trails everywhere. With warnings to carry enough water.



When we left this section of the canyon a forest fire was burning alongside the road.
Scary stuff.

I hope you enjoy my photos.















Bryce Caanyon
Entry to Bryce Canyon.































Bryce Cnyon.



















9 comments:

Margo Hoornstra said...

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. To all fifty states, I'd so love to do that. So far I think we've seen thirty some.

Jannine Gallant said...

Terrific photos! I've been in 30+ states but a lot were drive-throughs. Taking the time to see each one would be an adventure!

Rolynn Anderson said...

Nice snaps, Barbara. I love the name hood do for the rock spires. Glad you could notch the last of the 50...and now you CAN go back to revisit the ones you loved most! Bon Voyage!

Andrea Downing said...

Lucky, you, I'm at 43 states for overnight stays though have driven through quite a few more. Loved Bryce and the hoodoos -- some spots are like forests of stone people and in winter they have little snow hats on. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda Whiteside said...

It's been years but I've been there. It is gorgeous.

Leah St. James said...

Gorgeous shots, Barbara. Thank you! I've never been farther west than Iowa (eastern), so I have a lot of catching up to do! (Now that I've conquered my aversion to flying, it might actually be doable!)

Vonnie Davis, Author said...

I've always wanted to see rock formations like these. They fascinate me. I'd have to sit and stare at them for hours. Thanks so much for sharing. Man, they are so beautiful. And "hoodoo's"...who knew?

Alicia Dean said...

I would love to visit all 50 states!! I need to tally and see how many I have visited. I wonder if I can count driving through on my way to somewhere? :) Thanks for sharing the gorgeous pictures!

Diane Burton said...

Haven't made it to all 50. Congrats on your accomplishment. Bryce is one of my favorites. I think I took those same pictures. LOL