Monday, October 12, 2015

Just When I'm a Member of a SEAL Team, My Bear-Shifters Pull Me Back!

I'm nearing the halfway mark of my first book about wounded SEALs. I've mentally and emotionally become part of their team. Thanks to reading several books, online research and speaking to a couple Special Forces dudes, I'm gaining a grasp of how they think. These men, who proudly wear the Trident, are a breed of their own. Real, flesh and blood heroes.


Two days ago, the manager of digital marketing at Random House Loveswept emailed me. Nook has reached out to us with the opportunity to feature A HIGHLANDER'S OBSESSION in their "Fall for Romance" fall sale low-price merchandising. To take advantage of this opportunity we are dropping the price to 99¢ 10/13 – 10/20. 
 
We'll get really nice support from BN for this promo. This should also be a nice lead-in to BEARING IT ALL.
 
 
I honestly had to stop for a minute and think, which book is this? I wrote five last year. Bear-shifters. Right. So, I stepped out of my SEAL team and into my make believe group of kilt-wearing hunks who can also shift into bears. Order Link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-highlanders-obsession-vonnie-davis/1120641392?ean=9780804179300
 
 
All this will hopefully help the release of book 3 of the "Highlander's Beloved" series, BEARING IT ALL, which releases on October 27th. A small get-away cabin, a blizzard, a French agent fleeing for her life, a hunk in a kilt, and a bear who tends to break the shifting rules.
 
 
SALES LINKS:
 
On release day of BEARING IT ALL, I'll be hosting a Facebook release party from 11 am (Eastern time) to 9 pm with several other authors. You're all invited. Please come. Authors, girl talk, man candy, prizes and laughter...
 
 

11 comments:

Rolynn Anderson said...

As always, Vonnie, you leave me breathless...and don't worry about mixing up Highlanders and Seals...they are cut from the same cloth...could be Seals are Highlands, returned via bears, who knows ? :-)

Congrats on your release party! I'm in Barcelona now, where Gaudi made his magic and thus, the word, gaudy. I can't be in on the party because of the weird time differences. As it is, I'm writing to you on the day before I'm writing to you. What?

I'm rooting for you, Von. And I've got some Euros to spend on those Highland bears of yours! Good luck with sales.

Jannine Gallant said...

I know what you mean about being in the book. Then your editor sends you edits for a book you wrote two books before, and, and... Well, it takes a while to get back into that book and that series. Same with promo for a different book. A mental mood swing is required! Hoping the 99 cent sale really takes off!

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Rolynn, I was going to have my SEAL say something to his heroine yesterday and thought, no, wait...my Highlander would talk that way to his woman, not a SEAL. Then I grinned, wrote it, and had him suffer the consequences of her wrath. Have a marvelous time traveling. "Bearing it All" does take you on a side trip to Paris since that's where the heroine is from.

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Jannine, I thought after I wrote the blog, will anyone understand what it's like to shift heads inside your own mind? It hinders the flow and takes you awhile to get back in the groove.

Brenda Whiteside said...

It's a great position to be in, Vonnie. And your covers gave my heart a jump start along with my coffee this morning!

Alison Henderson said...

You always have so much going on; it's exciting just to know you! I'm the same way about switching gears when I move on to the next project. It's almost like the previous book disappears - kind of scary.

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Thanks, Brenda. The cover artist at Loveswept sends me four covers and asks my opinion. Sometimes I ask for an element from one cover and the rest from another and other times, I just pick one as is. They do try to please the author. I've had them change fonts, etc.

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

It is scary, isn't it, Alison? You spend months living in the world of a book, reach the end, start another book and the previous one kind of fades away. It's sad, too.

Margo Hoornstra said...

My goodness, Vonnie, so many heroes, no wonder you get them mixed up. It's a great dilemma to have though, isn't it? Best of luck with your latest venture(s).

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Thanks, Margo. I've had some great heroes. They come to me nearly completely formed. I struggle more with my heroines. It takes me awhile to really get to know them. I rewrite their aspects of their personalities many times. I don't understand why.

Leah St. James said...

Have fun with all your "shifting," Vonnie! (Ouch!) With five in a year, I'm surprised you can keep any of them straight! Best of luck with the special B&N promo!