Monday, October 5, 2015

A New Release - Happy Birthday to Me! by Alison Henderson

Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm celebrating! After two long years, I have a new book out. Small Town Christmas Tales is officially released in both Kindle and paperback versions. Woohoo!

Fellow Roses of Prose, please take a bow. This book is dedicated to you, because without your support and inspiration, I never would have written it. I've enjoyed our annual holiday short stories so much I wrote a whole book of them! Barb and Diane helped critique them, and Jannine edited the entire collection. It really was a group effort, and I'm very grateful.

The stories run the gamut from funny to poignant but are all warm and upbeat--like ten mini Halllmark Channel Christmas movies. I've set each story in a fictional small town in a different state, many in places I've lived or know well. I hope readers will make a connection with the settings as well as the characters.I had great fun inventing towns like Porter's Landing, MA; Hawthorne Springs, MO, Little Moose Island, ME; Black Bear Creek, CO; Cypress Cove, CA; and Hard Luck, WY. Who knows? One day I may visit some of these towns again in a full-length book.

If you've read the book, thank you! If not, and you want a little boost getting in the holiday mood, I invite you to check it out here. And, as always, reviews are most welcome!

Alison 
www.alisonhenderson.com

11 comments:

Jannine Gallant said...

Happy birthday, Alison! I loved editing all these sweet stories. Wishing you many, many sales!

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Yay you! And Happy Birthday. I took part of my short story I wrote here, made many changes, added to it and created a novella. Although it's a Christmas novella, it sells year round. I hope yours does, too.

Alison Henderson said...

Thanks, Jannine, you made my stories better, as always!

Alison Henderson said...

Vonnie, I'm so glad to hear your Christmas novella sells year round. I don't expect that, but I'd be delighted if it happened.

Diane Burton said...

Happy Birthday, Alison. Now I know why we're so compatible--both Libras. Love the stories in this collection.

Alison Henderson said...

I should have guessed, Diane. LOL

Margo Hoornstra said...

Happy Birthday, Alison. I'd heard about this book as it was in the creation process. Can't wait to read your stories. Love those town names BTW. May you have many sales.

Alison Henderson said...

I had a lot of fun coming up with the names for my small towns, Margo.

Leah St. James said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday, Alison! The collection looks wonderful. Sometimes for me coming up with the story line is the hardest, and you did it TEN TIMES in one book! Wishing you much success, year-round, with it.

Alison Henderson said...

Thanks, Leah! You're right - coming up with ten settings, ten sets of characters, and ten plots just about wore me out! I only hope readers will like them.

Brenda Whiteside said...

Happy birthday and congrats. It sounds like a great collection of stories!