Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thanks to the unsung heroes

I like to use November to think about the people who make my life easier. These are the people we often don't notice, but really, they make your day go smoother.

The nice checkout person at the grocery store. The lady who sells my books in her flower shop. My editor who is so patient with me (you know who you are ☺).

I try to notice someone different every day who has made my day a bit better. It's so easy to zip through out day and not really notice who is around us. I sometimes say something to that person, but usually I just try to go out of my way to be nice in return. Who knows, maybe I'll be somebody's unsung hero for the day?

J L
(30 books and counting)


5 comments:

Margo Hoornstra said...

Great words to live by. Everyone's special in their very own way. Thanks for the lift.

Alicia Dean said...

This is a wonderful idea. If everyone tried this, the world and their own life would be a much better place. I think I'll give it a shot. Thanks for sharing!

Jannine Gallant said...

So true. It only takes a second to smile at someone and make them feel a little better about their day.

Alicia Dean said...

And, by the way, maybe your editor is patient with you because you're a talented writer and an awesome person, and you're patient with her. :-)

Unknown said...

Don't forget your garbage collector, water main repairer who is hip deep in icy liquid when your pipe breaks in January, and the rest of folks in your local government. They really do work hard! And if our trash didn't get collected, we'd be living (not loving) in the time of cholera...thanks for the post.