Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Magnificent and Magical

Things I think are Magnificent and Magical, in no particular order:

  • sunrises and sunsets
  • dragonflies and fireflies
  • anything star-shaped
  • full moons
  • warm beach sand
  • snow falling down in the glow of a streetlight
  • black cats
  • vampires and werewolves
  • dragons
  • deja vu
  • rock music
  • 3D television (even if I look like a dork in the 3D glasses over my regular glasses)
  • purple nail polish
  • lavender
  • the Pythagorean Theorem (my fave!)
  • the fact that a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't a square
  • drummers
  • writing
  • romantic comedies
  • soulmates
  • ESP
  • crows/ravens
  • pyramids
  • Edgar Allen Poe
  • beards
  • walking
  • sweatpants on a cold, rainy day
  • firepits
  • snakes
  • sangria
  • pure Vermont maple syrup
  • peanut butter
  • snuggling with pets
  • the power of positive thinking
  • doggie kisses
  • kitty purrs
  • the voice of Sam Elliot
  • movies with hand-to-hand combat
  • the smell of sawdust
  • dark chocolate
  • ancient astronaut theorists
  • aliens
  • fifth graders
  • time travel

Okay, so this list is infinite. What do you think is magnificent and magical? Are any of my items also on your list?

Like magic? Try Abra Cadaver where magic is used to cheat death...but there are consequences. Available in ebook from Amazon.

Toodles,
Chris
www.christinedepetrillo.weebly.com

5 comments:

Margo Hoornstra said...

Some interesting choices, Chris. One item on my list would have to be grandchildren. Although my kids are pretty neat miracles too. When they all behave, of course.

Jannine Gallant said...

Love your list - except snakes. Shudder. Hiking in the woods with my dog and figuring out plot twists is way up at the top of my list!

lisaannpowell said...

Oh yes, the voice of Sam Elliot I could listen to all day. I need to add Bacon, BBQ Ribs. Brendan Fraser. Red, cool breeze on a warm night.

Christine DePetrillo said...

Margo, I can see adding children to the list. My "fifth graders" item took care of that for me.

Jannine, c'mon. Snakes are great! I agree with hiking with the dog. Good times.

Lisa, Brendan Fraser, yes!

Barbara Edwards said...

Great list. I'm adding Tom Selleck from Magnum PI and my sons.