So the end of the school year is just days away, and Summer Chris is rattling inside her stuffy cardboard box. It is taking every ounce of my focus to not start summer vacation early. I loved those five snow days in the winter. Now? Not so much. Things are getting sticky in Room 211. It’s not smelling so wonderful either.
The sun is calling my name, beckoning outside where I will spend the majority of my time off writing in The Outdoor Writing Office, a.k.a. the patio.
Here’s a list of the Top Five Things to Love About Summer Chris:
1. She says yes to everything. Want to go hiking? Yes. Want to four-wheel through the woods? Yes. Want to grill steaks? Yes. Want to lounge on the beach? Sure. Want to have two margaritas, not just one? You betcha. Want to clean the tiles in the bathroom with a toothbrush? She was hoping you’d ask! Seriously, Summer Chris wants to do pretty much anything you suggest. She’s up for it all.
2. Tank tops and shorts. The official Summer Chris uniform, she does not worry about matching her clothes, stains, or rips. As long as all the important stuff is covered, she’s good to go.
3. Relaxed hair and make-up regimen. Can we say frizz gone wild? Well, that’s the scenario and Summer Chris doesn’t care. She also doesn’t care about eyeliner, eye shadow, blush, mascara. Ponytails and lip gloss every day, baby. And sunscreen. Can’t forgot the sunscreen.
4. Soundtracks. Summer Chris listens to music all day long. The beauty of not being in school is the music can flow for hours and can have explicit lyrics. Summer Chris can say explicit lyrics. Total freedom of speech, man. Rock ‘n roll!
5. Bare feet. No shoes required. By the end of the season, the bottom of Summer Chris’s feet could walk over hot coals. Being constantly barefoot all summer turns delicate skin into industrial strength material. And nothing beats the feel of lush grass or warm sand on bare feet.
What’s different about you during the summer? Are you more relaxed? Do you have more fun? What do you like to do in the summer?
I’m also part of a boxed set this summer. Pure Romance is a box set of 10 stories from 10 great authors. I’m so happy to be included with these fine writers. You get all 10 books for only $0.99! Get your pre-order in now before it releases later this month and spread the word!
More Than Pancakes, Book One in The Maple Series, always FREE