Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Writerly Activity to Avoid by Betsy Ashton

@GoofyWriter Working at Artist out of Hiding #AOOH weekend. Come on by.

@bff Where are you? Looked all over the place for you. Please respond @GoofyWriter

@GoofyWriter In the front window. All set up with laptop and great writing ideas

@bff Found you. You aren't doing anything.

@GoofyWriter I'm writing. What else does a writer do?

@bff You don't look normal

@GoofyWriter I'm not normal. I'm a writer. I'm supposed to look different

@bff Going home for some props to help

@GoofyWriter Props?

@bff Here, put these on

@GoofyWriter Pajamas??? Who you kidding???

@bff And these

@GoofyWriter Bunny slippers?????

@bff Well, that's what you wear at home.

@GoofyWriter Now I have writer's block. I feel like an idiot and I can't think of a thing to write

@bff Do what you do at home

@GoofyWriter Walk around and babble dialogue

@bff Sure. It works when no one's watching

@GoofyWriter Stood, walked, waved arms in the air, mumbled, ranted

@bff And?

@GoofyWriter Writer's block dented. Sat down and wrote for half an hour

@bff Wash, rinse, repeat

@GoofyWriter Jumping around like a madman and screaming dialogue

@GoofyWriter In the back of a cop car in handcuffs

@GoofyWriter Hey, @bff, can you bail me out?

@GoofyWriter @bff

@GoofyWriter @bff

@bff No longer your bff. You're crazy. Bail yourself out

@GoofyWriter Not LOLing

@bff I am

###

Betsy Ashton is the author of Mad Max Unintended Consequences published by Koehler Books in March 2013.

6 comments:

Margo Hoornstra said...

Betsy. All I can think to say is - We've all been there. Thanks for the reminder!

Jannine Gallant said...

Pretty funny, Betsy. Maybe we're all just a little crazy.

Diane Burton said...

LOL, Betsy. Been there, done that. Well, not all of that. :)

Alicia Dean said...

Haha, funny! Yes, I believe we are all just a little crazy

glenys said...

LOL - what else can I say?

Betsy Ashton said...

Sorry I wasn't around to respond to each comment, but allergies left me muzzy headed and semi-comatose on the couch. Yes, we've all done stupid pet tricks, haven't we?