Saturday, April 13, 2013

New beginnings!

This spring marks a new beginning for me. Yes, we moved to our new home almost 2 years ago (2 years in July), but this spring is the first one in which we don't have a legal black cloud hanging over our heads.

I didn't realize how much that affected me. I was sort of mired in indecision, waiting for the lawsuit to be resolved. Now that it is, I can actually look forward!

Part of looking forward is looking back, and to that end, I am on a Clean and Pitch kick. I'm going through Stuff -- you know what I mean, all those things that we move because we're not sure what to do with, all those CDs, and forgotten manuscripts, and papers, and ... stuff. I'm making a clean sweep and finally tossing it.

As part of this I did a clean sweep of old files on my computer, finally reading through some rough drafts. ::shaking head:: Why, oh, why, did I keep those? Some are truly bad, some are just ... eh ... and a couple are worth keeping.

This feels like more than Spring Cleaning to me. It feels like a Spring Start of something new. I'm not sure if it really will be that, but it's a great feeling nonetheless. Out with the old and in with ...

whatever!



J L
(30 books and counting .... whee!)
jayellwilson.com

2 comments:

Jannine Gallant said...

Congrats on the clean sweep. I should do that. Probably won't, but I should!

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

We've been cleaning out closets here. How in God's name did I buy all those clothes? WHY did I buy all those clothes? And shoes--gasp!--but shoes are imperative to one's well-being. Right?