Sunday, December 30, 2018

The Roses of Prose Say Goodbye

In May of 2010, a new blog made the scene. Several romance writers came together and created The Roses of Prose. We aren’t all original roses anymore. Some of the authors left and made way for the new guys. I was one of those. But regardless of who comprised our group, the camaraderie and fun we have shared remained the same. Our goal was always to entertain the readers who tuned in.

The blogging world has changed in the last eight and half years. The number of blogs has increased while the audience decreased. For that reason, and for many personal reasons, the Roses have decided to bid adieu. Like one of my favorite minstrels and Caribbean rock-and-rollers coined, it’s been a lovely cruise.

This blog will hang around for...I really don't know how long. We aren't taking it down. It will be here if you want to revisit a post or read Christmas stories in the middle of the summer.

Thanks for being here. We enjoyed it. Comments, in no particular order, from the Roses are below along with links to where you can find us elsewhere. We all hope you’ll find us and keep in touch.

JANNINE GALLANT
Thank you to all our loyal readers over the years, but most especially my mom, who never missed a post even though she didn't comment. You are all greatly appreciated! If you'd like to keep track of my writing journey, follow my author page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/JannineGallant.Author/. Personal photos (you know, of my dog...lol) can be found on Instagram if you'd like to follow me there: https://www.instagram.com/jannine_gallant/.

JL WILSON
It's been great to blog with all these talented ladies for so long. I can be found at jayellwilson.com, if you'd like to stay caught up with my adventures. Keep on reading!

ALISON HENDERSON
Thanks to everyone who has followed us on our journey through the wonderful and often wacky world of fiction writing and publishing. I hope you’ll continue to stay in touch. You can always reach me through my website at https://www.alisonhenderson.com.

ANDREA DOWNING
It's been an absolute pleasure to be part of this group and a joy to read all the comments each month and learn from everyone. Thank you to those who have stayed with us, and inspired us to write and share our thoughts. If you'd like to continue to follow me, you can find me at  
My website:  http://andreadowning.com
Twitter:  @andidowning

DIANE BURTON
I've enjoyed the time here on The Roses of Prose, especially meeting such lovely ladies. It is you, the readers, who have given me such encouragement. Thank you so much. I'll still be posting on my blog (http://dianeburton.blogspot.com/) every weekend with the Weekend Writing Warriors. I hope you'll keep in touch via my social media links:

Goodreads: Diane Burton Author

MARGO HOORNSTRA
Being a part of the Roses of Prose was a great experience for me. Sharing and learning, building friendships and connecting with readers. Thanks so much for the memories, and let's stay in touch. You can find me at my website www.margohoornstra.com and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Margo-Hoornstra-Author/251502834867396.

CHRISTINE DEPETRILLO
Warm fuzzies to everyone who visited The Roses of Prose blog. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to share my thoughts with the reading/writing world. It was also wonderful to be in the presence of my fellow Roses, all who have taught me something about being an author. If you want to continue to ride my crazy train, you can find me at my website www.christinedepetrillo.weebly.com, on Facebook at my author page www.facebook.com/christinedepetrilloauthor and at my reader group Small Town Hearts www.facebook.com/groups/141435039780507, and on Amazon.    

ROLYNN ANDERSON
Dear Roses of Prose Followers,
I joined the Roses in 2013 and 33,000 blog words later, I’m proud to say ROP is my favorite place to hang out in the cyber world. I will miss the humor, the writing tips, and the window into your lives. Such a bright, generous, talented group of women! Readers, keep following us; we’ll continue to deliver wonderful stories to you. Find me in these places:

BARBARA EDWARDS
I'm Barbara Edwards and I've been a member since the beginning. this group has provided me with a fine group of friends, and I will miss the monthly posts. I wish all of you and our readers the best of luck and a wonderful future.

RE MULLINS
Participating in the Roses of Prose blog has been both an honor and a pleasure...Okay, not the deadlines so much, but the rest of it. So, a big thanks and hugs to my fellow authors for allowing me a spot amongst the Roses. Special thanks go out to everyone that read my posts. Though this forum is ending, I hope we stay in touch. My books can be purchased through most online retailers. Such as: Amazon or TheWildRosePress 
And don't forget to come see what I'm up doing or contact me through:

VONNIE DAVIS
I face the end of this blog with mixed feelings. I love you all--fellow writers and readers. It's been a special kind of sisterhood. Please know we all write for your enjoyment as well as our personal fulfilment. 

I hope you'll check in on me from time to time at my website: http://www.vonniedavis.com . While you're there, please sign-up for my monthly newsletter so you can keep up with what I'm writing. 

Please follow me on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/Vonnie-Davis/e/B0059HUKMC/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0 

I'm on Twitter -- @VonnieWrites … I hope you'll follow me.

Stay well, dearhearts. Blessings to all of you and thankyou for enriching my life.

MACKENZIE CROWNE
Endings are always a sad affair, but even the best of things must come to an end eventually. As we venture off to the next thing, I want to thank all you readers. Without your active participation and interest in our efforts, we authors would be left to weave our tales strictly for ourselves. And seriously, where would the fun be in that? And to my sister Roses – I’m humbled at and so very appreciative of being included in such an uber-talented clutch. Love you, ladies. 
I’m not saying goodbye as I expect we’ll cross paths again. I’ll say instead, see ya later. Muah!
Stay in touch with me at my social media haunts Facebook or Twitter and follow me on Amazon.

ALICIA DEAN
I was honored to be included in this fabulous group. I’ve so enjoyed getting to know the authors I didn’t know and staying in closer touch with those I did. It was wonderful learning about one another, reading all the posts, sharing our victories and failures, our happiness and pain, and knowing all of you were there for support. And thank you to all the readers and guest authors who’ve joined us over the years.  Best wishes!
Step into my dark world of murder and mayhem…follow my blog and like my Facebook page to keep up with all the happenings: https://aliciadean.com/alicias-blog/ AND  https://www.facebook.com/AuthorAliciaDean/
  
LEAH ST JAMES
Many thanks to all who have so loyally read this blog over the years. It's been a privilege to contribute and share some of my thoughts (and angst) about reading, writing and life in general. I also thank my fellow roses, first of all, for inviting me to be part of this special group several years ago, but also for their generosity and support in so many ways. I look forward to keeping up with all their writing adventures and successes in the future. If you'd like to keep up with my fits and starts at this crazy business, you can find me at my website, or occasionally on Facebook or Twitter. Happy reading!

BRENDA WHITESIDE
I think I said it all above. I do hope you’ll seek me out because I’m all over the place and love to connect and hear from readers.


BETSY ASHTON
I've had a riot writing for this blog and reading the posts. I, too, didn't always comment. Sometimes I'd wait until Sunday afternoon to catch up on a week's worth of thoughtful posts. I'm not a romance writer, so I'm happy I was able to offer a different perspective on writing and publishing. Thanks for reading. Thanks for inviting me. Write away, write now.





17 comments:

Brenda Whiteside said...

Goodbye, ladies! It's been grand. Let's keep in touch.

Vonnie Davis said...

While we may live hundreds of miles away from each other, we can connect with a click. Please do so. I'm going to miss this group and all the readers.

Rolynn Anderson said...

Amen! Thanks for the memories!

Jannine Gallant said...

It's been a pleasure! Wishing you all a happy and successful 2019!

Leah St. James said...

Ditto what everyone else said! :-) Wishing all many happy times reading and writing in the new year!

Margo Hoornstra said...

Goodbye for now. It’s been great. Here’s to a fabulous 2019.

Alison Henderson said...

I've loved, and will continue to love, everything about this group. Hugs, kisses, and continued success to you all!

Diane Burton said...

I didn't think I'd feel so sad about the closing of this blog, but I teared up at Brenda's post. I've loved my time here, esp. meeting you all. You are friends, as well as terrific writers. I'll miss our daily posts as you share your lives and new books. What fun it's been to discover new favorite authors. Hugs and best wishes to you all.

Diane Garner said...

I'll miss your wonderful posts. I wish you more hours of writing and many sales!

remullins said...

May 2019 be a fruitful writing year for all of us and, as Diane said, may it transfer into sales. I will miss the connection we've formed and my peeks into your lives. Stay in touch.

Christine DePetrillo said...

Glad to have been part of this bouquet! May the new year bring you all that you desire.

Alicia Dean said...

Boohooo...I can't believe I'm late to our very last post! Classic Alicia Dean. :/ You did an excellent job of signing off, Brenda. I am sadder than I expected to be. But, we will all stay in touch for sure. You guys are fabulous writers and wonderful friends. Hugs! Wishing you all the best in 2019.

Mackenzie Crowne said...

As I've been off on an amazing Caribbean adventure to see my youngest married, I missed the holidays and the goodbyes. Thanks, all, for including me. Muah!

nur kalam said...

very very nice blog. thank you for sharing with us.
submit a guest post

Muktarul Islam@blogger said...

Lovely blog post..Thanks for sharing with us....
image manipulation service

Clipping Solutions said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Carlis said...

So nice and interesting blog you have written. Liked and appreciated this well published. Image Retouching
Clipping Path
Neck Joint
Background Remove Service
Drop Shadow Helps
Photo Cut Out
Image Editing
Image Manipulation
eCommerce Photo Editing
Clipping Path Tutorial