Friday, November 9, 2018

Crazy Even Before Drilling My Head by Brenda Whiteside

I've been crazy busy while not feeling well so I decided to recycle this post when I woke later than normal today and realized I hadn't written anything new for today. My apologies to anyone who might have already read a post very similar to this one on my personal blog, Discover....

What a great time I had a couple of weeks ago in Chino Valley, Arizona. The Chamber of Commerce sponsored the 50th anniversary of Yavapai College with a day long event. This is rural Arizona so there were hayrides, a truck and tractor show, pumpkin patch, corn maze, beer garden, food, dog costume contest, and vendors. I was part of that last group.

A fellow author, John J. Rust, joined me in offering our books. I signed and sold a bunch. This event was held far from town, and I
was doubtful about the attendance, but I was wrong. Lots of people and lots of readers. It was a great time.

This month is NaNoWriMo. Translation: National November Writing Month. An author can get into this seriously, or not so much like I do. If you take part in the national group, you have check in and set goals. I belong to a group called Pretendo NaNo. We set our own goals, cheer each other on, and don't judge when we fall short. I've been doing okay. The first book in my new series is taking shape. Helping our son move cut into my writing time, but family always comes first.

Another day down the drain as far as writing was yesterday. I had oral surgery. I'm having the tooth I knocked out in June replaced with a permanent one. Yesterday, they inserted the screw that the permanent tooth will be attached to. Nothing like having your head drilled. No fun. Still recovering this morning. (And still recovering two days later. I just don't recover like I used to from anything.)

I do have a book on sale right now. Southwest of Love and Murder is the second book in the series. It's on sale at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iBooks, and The Wild Rose Press. $.99 doesn't happen often. Here is the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QQPMIMQ/ref=series_rw_dp_sw

I'm enjoying the cooler, darker mornings here in Arizona. This is my favorite season. What's yours?

13 comments:

Jannine Gallant said...

Sounds like your event was really fun. The tooth, not so much. I hope you feel better soon!

Brenda Whiteside said...

Thanks, Jannine.

Andrea Downing said...

Feel better Brenda--and I love autumn!

Alison Henderson said...

I had general anesthesia for my implant. It was quick and painless, but I still took a couple of days to recover. I hope you're back to normal soon.

Margo Hoornstra said...

Congratulations on the books sales, AND having the implant part behind you. I had that done once. The worst is over. Take care of yourself and enjoy our favorite season.

Brenda Whiteside said...

Thanks, Alison. I don't do knock out drugs so I got plenty of Novocaine. I can't believe that stuff is good for you.

Brenda Whiteside said...

Thanks, Andi.

Brenda Whiteside said...

Thanks, Margo.

Diane Burton said...

I love fall. Until the dreaded "S" word comes, which it did today. Didn't stick, though. Enjoy those cooler days, Brenda. Sorry to hear about your dental work. Ouch! Hope you're feeling better.

Brenda Whiteside said...

Diane, I miss that first snow, but have to admit after 18 years of MN winters we did get tired of winter. I still remember it fondly, though. Thanks!

Leah St. James said...

Sorry to be late! Your festival day sounds like so much fun! And selling a bunch of books is even better. Hope you're feeling much better from the drilling now!

Rolynn Anderson said...

My kind of festival...casual and fun. Glad you sold books...happy you're recovering from oral surgery on your pearlies!

Brenda Whiteside said...

Thanks, Rolynn.