Sunday, January 7, 2018

No resolutions by Barbara Edwards




January is always difficult for me. I hate to pack away the Christmas decorations. And someone always asks about my New Year’s resolutions. Well, this year I didn’t make any. No promise to excercise.  No vow to eat properly and lose those pounds. And no resolve to write daily.


So here I am. Waiting.


The last few months had me wringing my hands. I want life to bloom with creativity. I feel like an animal crouched in a dark cave waiting for the bigger varmint to hunt me down.


I don’t want to make you feel sorry for me. 


I don’t want you to worry about me.


It would be nice if you sent a few prayers for me. And I’ll do the same for you. 



Life can be confusing. Full of burdens. But it can also be full of joy. 


I think tomorrow I’ll get up and watch the sunrise  over the water.



Join me at your favorite place.

Please follow, friend or like me. I love to hear from my readers.
Amazon Author’s Page http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003F6ZK1A


15 comments:

Margo Hoornstra said...

Glorious picture, Barb, thanks for sharing. As my husband always says, one day at a time. Prayers and positive thoughts from me to you.

Leah St. James said...

Same here, Barb. Sometimes we just need a break. I also am sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

remullins said...

I know that sensation of 'waiting for the other shoe to drop' and it can be challenging. Hang in there, Barb.

Diane Burton said...

Your pictures are always so lovely and inspiring. Sending hugs your way. You've been through a lot this past year. I hope 2018 is better.

Rolynn Anderson said...

Many of your pictures show the lovely routines of nature: sunrises and sunsets, tides, fog, snow...even the ferries run on schedule. Let's hope we all find our grooves in 2018. Shoulder to shoulder; mush on.

Brenda whiteside said...

Lovely photos. Looks like a great setting to get your head and life calmed.

Andrea Downing said...

I’m with you on the No Resolutions attitude. They only get forgotten by the end of January anyway. Great photos. Thanks for sharing them.

Leah St. James said...

I meant to add: I hate taking down the decorations too! It depresses me every year. This year it wasn't too awful. we had a minimal task because we had put up so few decorations, thanks to Son No. 1's cat Hercules who seemed to think it was his job to destroy everything that sparkled in the house. :-)

Alison Henderson said...

Here's a great big hug, Barb. I felt much the same way most of last year. I managed to drag myself out of it, and I hope the same for you.

Vonnie Davis said...

I think January and February are both depressing months. Drab, dreary, and lifeless. I always long for March when I can walk around the yard, checking every bush and tree for a bud of green. Thanks for sharing your pictures. I'll think of them as I send prayers and good wishes your way.

Jannine Gallant said...

Beautiful photos! I'm sure you'll snap out of it soon.

Betsy Ashton said...

Barbara, your photos brought and joy into my life today. I woke to 7 degrees, the seventh straight day of sub-freezing temps. I moved to southwest VA to get away from the cold. Didn't work this year.

But, your pictures and commentary beneath them resonated. I too have been feeling a bit at sea. And I know now that I'm not alone. Prayers and healing thoughts for both of us.

Christine DePetrillo said...

I think you're headed in the right direction if you are spending all this time enjoying nature as your pictures indicate.

Barbara Edwards said...

To all of you,
I am overwhelmed with the positive spirit you all shared. Thanks for the prayers and the compliments on my photos. They are my best memories of where I've been.
what a great way to start the new year.
You are all in my prayers.

Alicia Dean said...

Beautiful photos. Definitely sending prayers and happy thoughts your way. Just relax and don't force it, it will come to you, I'm sure. Hugs!