I have so much to be thankful for during this current reincarnation of myself. I don't know all the details about my past lives, but I hope they were as awesome as this one has been so far.
The following list is some of the things I'm giving thanks for this year:
1. Health - I feel great! There must be something to all that advice about diet and exercise and meditation. Or maybe it's the weekly wine therapy. Either way, here's to many more years of feeling at optimal physical and mental performance.
2. The Husband - Seriously, the dude gets better as the years go on. Nearly 19 years of marriage and I haven't thought about exchanging him once.
3. The Family - As far as families go, mine's pretty awesome. I hear a lot about family life from my students and all the tales aren't happy ones. I don't think I realized as a kid how wonderful my parents--and even my younger brother--were. They are all still wonderful and I'm fortunate to have come from such good DNA.
4. The Work Peeps - Good Goddess, if I didn't have my work besties, I would have gone insane on the job a long time ago. It's so important to have adults that you can look at with that "do-you-believe-this-shit?" expression on your face and have them give you the "right?" look back. Subtle, but often the difference between making it to the end of the work day or walking off the job.
5. The Writing/Reading Peeps - Being friends with other writers has enriched my life on so many levels. It's great to be around other people who understand the drive to tell stories. I've also met tons of awesome readers that have made this year marvelous for me as a writer. Readers rock!
6. Fur Babies - I'm one of those people who requires connection to furry creatures. My cats and dog often remind me to slow down for a minute - sleep in a curled up position, lounge in rectangles of sun-warmed wood flooring, stretch, play, cuddle... I'm a more balanced person because of them.
7. Mother Nature - I'd rather be outside than inside and I continually am in awe of everything Mother Nature gives us. Sometimes when I'm walking my dog, I breathe deeply and try to take in as much of the natural world as I can. I want to have that essence with me wherever I go. I'm always giving thanks for the beauty I see all around me. Everything from the texture of rose petals to the cloudless blue of the sky to the melody of a brook to the scent of a pinecone fills me with an energy I couldn't live without.
8. My Muse - She hasn't abandoned me. Ideas for writing keep coming. My Muse has been busy this year and she shows no signs of retiring. I love her fortitude and loyalty.
What are you thankful for this year?
SAFE, Book One, The Shielded Series, available now.
PROTECTED, Book Two, The Shielded Series, coming soon!