Thursday, November 20, 2014

Fall, Stress, and Writing Variety

Laura Breck



This morning was one of those days! Hubby was scheduled for a minor outpatient surgery at – believe it or not – 6 AM! The alarm clock buzzed at five, I looked out the window to see a brand new inch of snow coating the ice-packed roads. Yay! 

It’s amazing how fast people drive at 5:35 in the morning, in the dark, on powder-glazed skating-rink streets. I, of course, am the poky person in their way, but I can brag that I’ve had only one crash in my entire life, and that was decades ago.

The surgery center waiting room held a variety of people, which kept my interest during the two-hour wait while hubby was in the OR. A German couple, two burka-clad women, a lovely Korean couple, and a second-generation, elderly Italian man who made me laugh when he tried to tell his wife how to organize her purse. She slapped his hand away, which made me laugh even more.

I love writing multicultural books, exploring the diversity of our world. As a full-time writer, I realize I don’t get out enough. I don’t mingle with people who would be great inspiration for my stories. And that has to change…but not until these darn streets are cleared off! LOL

FALL - October 17

WINTER - November 11


Happy Fall/Winter!
Laura
~Smart Women ~Sexy Men ~Seductive Romance
~Dancing in a Hurricane is available in digital formats at Amazon, Smashwords, and Barnes & Noble and in paperback at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Createspace
~Love in the Land of Lakes is available in digital format at Smashwords, All Romance Ebooks, Barnes & Noble, and Amazon, and in paperback at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Createspace

6 comments:

Margo Hoornstra said...

Diversity is a wonderful thing. We're doing the early winter 'plow through' too. Last year was bad enough. Hope hubby is doing well.

Alicia Dean said...

Hope the procedure went well. At least you had some time to people watch. LOL, I love the pics...especially the winter one. Wish it was like that here!

Liz Flaherty said...

I love your pictures. Hope the procedure went well.

Barbara Edwards said...

I noticed the same thing and made an effort to go to the store with my husband.This is a chore I have very low on my priority list. I have decided I'd rather spend the time writing.

Jannine Gallant said...

I need to spend more time people watching. It's an excellent way to flesh out characters with quirks you might not have thought of on your own. New resolution--pay attention to people while Christmas shopping and take a note pad! Thanks for the brilliant idea, Laura.

glenys said...

Hope your DH is feeling better. Nice photos - like the autumn one best, though! What's with all this early snowfall we seem to be getting everywhere?
Love people watching - and isn't it nice that, being writers, we can eavesdrop on other people's conversations and call it 'research' rather than 'nosiness'? Lol.